Top 10 RB's for a keeper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Top 10 RB's for a keeper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Top 10 RB's for a keeper

Postby duffoholic » Thu Apr 18, 2013 4:55 pm

I'm not worried about TRich's past injuries as much as I am about his style of play leading to further injuries. He plays like Brandon Jacobs in his prime taking a pounding week in and week out as he runs through defenders. Even the best RB in the business, AP, learned the hard way that running into every defender was a bad way to play the game if you want to play 16 games year in and year out. Also, there aren't too many guys out there with the work ethic of AP that ensures they're as prepared as possible to take the punishment. It is no accident that he bounced back from his crazy knee injury, the guy works harder than anyone.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:30 am

duffoholic wrote:I'm not worried about TRich's past injuries as much as I am about his style of play leading to further injuries. He plays like Brandon Jacobs in his prime taking a pounding week in and week out as he runs through defenders. Even the best RB in the business, AP, learned the hard way that running into every defender was a bad way to play the game if you want to play 16 games year in and year out. Also, there aren't too many guys out there with the work ethic of AP that ensures they're as prepared as possible to take the punishment. It is no accident that he bounced back from his crazy knee injury, the guy works harder than anyone.

This is what worries me about him the most, but you cant forget the fact that he had previous injuries. Someone that runs like this is more susceptible to injuries, but when you add in the injuries he has had in the past I am worried that they will all become nagging injuries that keep him out of 2-3 games every year. You get a guy with a rib injury that plays through it and you see like last year where he just wasnt himself for a few game. Nothing worse than the feeling of starting him last year and only getting a few carries out of him before he left the game, and nothing worse than having to wonder if hes going to play on any given week. I would rather have a marginally less talented guy with a shorter injury history and just avoid that headache
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Sex Panther » Fri Apr 26, 2013 7:45 am

AP (Medical Miracle, 2K+ yards less than a year removed from ACL rebuild, what does he do for an encore?)
Foster (Texans are rnning him into the ground, has been surprisingly durable, TD machine)
Lynch (Seattle's offense is going to be scary good, Beast Mode is well, a beast)
Martin (situation in TB is perfect for Martin)
Richardson (special talent, does it all)
Charles (Reid should finally get Charles the touches he deserves)
McCoy (how many touches does Brown take)
Rice (how many touches does Pierce take)
Spiller (EJ Manuel, Kevin Kolb, teams are going to key on Spiller relentlessly)
Jackson (ATL offense could = career years for SJax, more complete back than Turner ever was, but up there in years)

Honorable mention - Morris, D. Wilson, Sproles (PPR only), Ridley & Vereen (how this backfield shakes out remains to be seen), MJD, Gore, DMC, Forte, R. Bush (Lions are claiming 80 catches), Mendenhall, Miller

Worth watching - what IND, DEN, GB, and STL do in the draft (or if any of them sign Bradshaw)
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager