2013 Proposed rule change - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Any Given Dynasty

2013 Proposed rule change

Moderators: stomperrob, thriftyrocker

What should we do with the existing rule?

Poll ended at Sat Apr 27, 2013 4:49 pm

1) Change it as per suggestion
100%
2) Leave it as is
No votes
3) Other (please explain)
No votes

Total votes : 6

2013 Proposed rule change

Postby stomperrob » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:49 pm

Murph has pointed out an issue regading the following rule:

In The Case of an Owner Leaving

1. If an Owner leaves during the year, we will finish the year out without that team having a owner, and we will find a replacement for that owner the following year (Pre-rook draft, Post-declaring replacements).

2. We will put the previous owner/owners players in FA, but at this time no one is allowed to pick up FAs.

4A. At that point we will allow the new owner of the teams to draft from the pool of teams players.

4B. In the case that there is Multiple owners who do not return for another year, we will put all picks of the owners not returning in the FA and we will allow both/all new owners to have a Expansion FA Draft/Pick draft before we conduct the normal draft (this will NOT includ Rookies once again). Rounds 1-17 of the draft will let new owners select any players in the FA pool (includes players by teams owners who left) , as well as picks from a team that no longer exists because its owner is no longer with us. Starting in Round 20 of the draft everyone must take draft picks until there is no more draft picks remaining and then owners are free to pick who they want.

#1 - I think if we can find a solid replacement owner during the season we should definitely jump at the chance rather than wait until the following year - if one can't be found then obviously we wait

#2, #4A & #4B - I like the idea of a dispersal draft if we have two or more teams requiring new owners - all players on those teams get dumped into the FA pool and then a draft is held. I don't see the need for a dispersal draft when there is only one new owner (I know in other leagues in the event of someone taking over a real stinker, we have allowed some FA pickups by that team - that option would be available here by a vote of the members).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2013 Proposed rule change

Postby stomperrob » Sat Apr 13, 2013 4:51 pm

I went with #1, just seems to make sense
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:07 pm

I think we already broke that rule a few times so prob #1 B-)

As to whether we have a dispersal draft or not, I would just say play it case by case. If we have time and there is need/want, sure. If it's a last second drop out or we're too lazy, we shouldn't have to.

If it's a one owner switch, they shouldn't get to raid FAs though, unless it's a special situation.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Apr 15, 2013 6:07 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:I think we already broke that rule a few times so prob #1 B-)

As to whether we have a dispersal draft or not, I would just say play it case by case. If we have time and there is need/want, sure. If it's a last second drop out or we're too lazy, we shouldn't have to.

If it's a one owner switch, they shouldn't get to raid FAs though, unless it's a special situation.

This pretty much sums up my feelings. Also, if I had a suggestion about a rule change I'm guessing I just make a thread and get votes? This thread kinda gave me the idea I had been thinking of for awhile anyway.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Sat May 04, 2013 3:25 pm

Done! ;-D
stomperrob

Return to Any Given Dynasty