opinions on trade and keeper decisions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

opinions on trade and keeper decisions

Moderator: Football Moderators

opinions on trade and keeper decisions

Postby dtwomack1984 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 1:54 am

Im in a 12 team ppr keeper league where u can keep 3 players per year.The starting lineups are Qb 2rb 2wr te and a flex.I have aaron rodgers,jamaal charles,darren mcfadden and aj green.Its hard to get young rbs in this league so im set on charles and dmc.I was considering trading aaron rodgers for two fourth round picks and keeping green in his place.That would have me going into the draft with charles,dmc,and green with 3 fourth round picks what is ure opinion?
dtwomack1984
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: opinions on trade and keeper decisions

Postby duffoholic » Sun Apr 14, 2013 2:16 am

I feel like QB is the position you can definitely afford to pass on with your keepers these days. I hope DMC works out for ya but I can't see the guy staying healthy... like ever. If I were you I'd try to package him with rogers for a different RB if you'd really like to keep two RB's. Then again, are these 4th round picks actually the first round of drafting if everybody keeps 3? If that is the case the draft picks for Rogers are a no brainer to me (even though I do feel like he is a much better keeper than DMC).
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 444)

Postby wtr23 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:51 am

duffoholic wrote:I feel like QB is the position you can definitely afford to pass on with your keepers these days. I hope DMC works out for ya but I can't see the guy staying healthy... like ever. If I were you I'd try to package him with rogers for a different RB if you'd really like to keep two RB's. Then again, are these 4th round picks actually the first round of drafting if everybody keeps 3? If that is the case the draft picks for Rogers are a no brainer to me (even though I do feel like he is a much better keeper than DMC).

I agree with this, if everyone is keeping 3 and the 4th round is the first round where everyone is drafting I'd take as many 4th round picks as I could get :-D Or maybe package DMC/Rodgers for an upgrade at RB. If you can't strike a deal with someone you have to throw DMC back. The injury history puts a damper on his fantasy value even with the return of the power blocking scheme that we love. If he could stay healthy I'd say he has RB1 potential, but realistically you're plugging him in at RB2 or flex most weeks.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby dtwomack1984 » Sun Apr 14, 2013 10:57 am

In our league if u keep 3 people u start drafting in the 4th round the main reason I wanna keep dmc is with most teams keeping 3 players the rbs r slim pickings as u can imagine.
dtwomack1984
Monday Morning Quarterback

Postby duffoholic » Sun Apr 14, 2013 11:38 am

dtwomack1984 wrote:In our league if u keep 3 people u start drafting in the 4th round the main reason I wanna keep dmc is with most teams keeping 3 players the rbs r slim pickings as u can imagine.

I understand your rational but I stand by my advice. Keeping DMC is a last resort for me. Having three 4th (essentially 1st) round picks makes DMC an acceptable keeper though. Green and Charles are must keeps.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 444)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun Apr 14, 2013 8:02 pm

I'm in a league with similar keeper rules (starting in the 4th for keepers) and a couple guys typically start jumping in on the big prospects then. That might be worth it for you, depending on where the top RB prospects go this year. So, drop DMC and get someone better there.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Postby Indibuck » Mon Apr 15, 2013 2:39 pm

I'm not a believer in keeping QBs in most keeper leagues... Rodgers is the exception.

I would keep Rodgers, Green, and Charles... These 3 guys all have at least a puncher's chance at being the top overall scorer at their respective positions.

McFadden is just too inconsistent to consider keeping over any of the other three.

If RBs are indeed that coveted in your league, use it to your advantage. Trade McFadden for a pick. Stock up on talent at WR and TE while others reach for RBs... Especially since you are starting with a legit RB1. You can just as easily win your league starting 3 stud WRs and a strong TE with a hole at RB2 than having a hole at another position.

Good luck.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:54 am

From a straight value perspective i would rather keep Rodgers over McFadden. Just think about a re-draft league and where each of them would go, Rodgers is a 1st or 2nd rounder depending on your draft and McFadden will be lucky to be a 2nd round pick this year. All things being equal i keep Rodgers even though im not a fan of keeping a QB, but McFadden isnt that stud that you NEED to keep.

Best strategy though is to try and package up Rodgers and McFadden and get a true stud RB or WR in return. If you cant do that then i dont think its a bad decision to get 2 4th rounders for Rodgers, although i might prefer to keep Rodgers and get a 4th and 5th for McFadden or something along those lines
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)

Postby Sex Panther » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:59 am

There's no way I would keep McFadden over Rodgers.

He's never stayed healthy, the Raiders are a disaster, and Rodgers is arguably the best QB in the NFL.

As previously stated, Rodgers/Green/Charles all have a chance to be the "man" at their respective positions.

Could McFadden fianlly realize his potential? Sure, but based off of his personal history, there is a better chance of him dissapointing yet again - there is also a chance you'll be able to simply draft him again, the sme cannot be said of Rodgers.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby stomperrob » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:49 am

Def go with Rodgers over McFadden - with a new QB that offense could be a disaster this year - McFadden may have to stay back and block a lot to protect the QB (or if they have to run the ball a lot because the QB sucks, defenses will be able to key on McFadden)
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions