Picking my last keeper (4 keepers) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Picking my last keeper (4 keepers)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Picking my last keeper (4 keepers)

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Apr 22, 2013 1:46 pm

sn267537 wrote:I wish I had this organization planning sooner. In my mind I was set on keeping Ryan so I didn't care to add him. I did think of it though, but figured ryan would be good. Last season I used a commity of WR for my WR3 and it worked out. As Ryan faded out end season and AP carried end season that helped a lot.

I was really hoping M. Williams and E. decker would move up in ADP value this season, but it doesn't look that way

And actually kaepernick was owned most of last year so I'm sure he's a keeper.

That's crazy R. Wilson might not be a keeper for u. Must have really nice team.

Yeah i would have much rather grabbed Wilson and kept him as a 15th rounder (or whatever it would be) instead of Ryan as a 3rd, MUCH better value that way. You live and you learn though and nothing you can do now so dont dwell on that. As far as using a stable of guys for a WR3 thats definitely not a bad strategy, there are plenty of WRs that will emerge as the season goes on that you can plug in there so as long as you have 1-2 solid WRs you should be ok.

As far as my team I do have a really good list of potential keepers. I can keep 3 and we get to keep them 2 rounds earlier than they were drafted last year. I have about 6-7 guys that i could keep at great value including:
Alfred Morris - 13th round
CJ Spiller - 7th round
Lamar Miller - 13th round
Danario Alexander - 13th round
Mikel Leshoure - 13th round
Russel Wilson - 13th round

Ill probably end up going with Morris, Spiller and Miller and just have a super solid 3 man RB rotation. I already traded to get an extra 7th and 13th round pick at the end of last season so all 3 keepers would essentially just cost me a 13th/15th/16th. Since there is a 2 round penalty in our league most of the top 20-30 guys all get thrown back because the value isnt there so i should be able to still snag something like Calvin and a stud TE to pair with those solid RBs.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby sn267537 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 2:41 pm

Yeah, oh well. I'm pretty excited to try and get Wilson though. I do fear a drop off though. Happened to cam anyway.

Yeah those are nice RB at those round. Both those guys could easily be 1st rounders this year or the next. At least Morris. I liked spilled in college.

Yeah I guess the 2 round penalty would keep a solid first couple of rounds full of players so u will be able to fill ur needs and get a QB late like ur telling me.

Hey, thanks for all ur discussion. I don't follow or know as much In depth of football as I do baseball so thanks for ur help! If u make football posts and I see them I'll be sure to offer what opinion/knowledge I can. And if u post in the baseball forum here then I should be able to help no issue. Just need to remember ur name haha. Do u post on here often?
sn267537
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 29)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:11 pm

sn267537 wrote:Yeah, oh well. I'm pretty excited to try and get Wilson though. I do fear a drop off though. Happened to cam anyway.

Yeah those are nice RB at those round. Both those guys could easily be 1st rounders this year or the next. At least Morris. I liked spilled in college.

Yeah I guess the 2 round penalty would keep a solid first couple of rounds full of players so u will be able to fill ur needs and get a QB late like ur telling me.

Hey, thanks for all ur discussion. I don't follow or know as much In depth of football as I do baseball so thanks for ur help! If u make football posts and I see them I'll be sure to offer what opinion/knowledge I can. And if u post in the baseball forum here then I should be able to help no issue. Just need to remember ur name haha. Do u post on here often?

it happened to Cam at the beginning of the season, but he got back to form as the season went on. I dont fear that drop off with Wilson though because of his maturity. Cam had such success last year and with his personality he let it get to his head, he comes off as the type that wants to just ride his talent rather than putting in the work. Wilson on the other hand strikes me as someone who is intelligent and wants to get better so I think if anything he will be even better next year, especially with Harvin giving him a legitimate WR finally.

Im really psyched about my keepers, i think i have 2 first round guys in Morris and Spiller and then a 3rd or 4th rounder in Miller. Plus i can keep them for 3 years each so even after then ill have them as a 3rd/9th/9th which shores up my RB pool for the next 3 years.

I love the 2 round penalty though as far as keepers go, you should consider implementing something similar either this year or next. Keeping guys in the round they are drafted essentially means that most of the studs get kept which takes a bit away from the draft in my opinion. The penalty not only means that everyone drafted in the top 2 rounds get thrown back, but also most of the guys in the next few rounds. The odds of someone drafted in the 3rd/4th last year being worth a 1st/2nd this year are slim, so you see that at least 40 of the top 50 guys are tossed back. It really rewards the guys who take a flier on a guy who pans out well as a late rounder, or someone who works the waiver wire effectively rather than someone who got a great draft pick in year 1.

Enjoying the discussion with you as well, always fun to have someone to talk fantasy with in the offseason. I dont do fantasy baseball as I never got into baseball so wouldnt fare well. I do daily leagues for NBA but other than that its just NFL for me. I found this site at the end of the season so havent really got to enjoy it during the season, but ill be posting in here plenty during the year and continue to be on here in the offseason to fulfill my fix
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby sn267537 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:45 pm

Yeah have the same thought of cam vs. Wilson like u, however, I still fear some type of a downhill factor though I hope I'm wrong. Just going off of trends in NFL I've noticed. But I still hope to draft pick him round 6!

R. Rice, A. Peterson, E. decker, O. Daniels

Your keepers are much better value wise and long term/health. I would be excited for u a swell. That's a long time in terms of fantasy to be sure minded with RB. I really like the holding onto later round guys. I'm struggling with the keeper dilemma of my basketball team. I should have done dynasty lol

Well, I will be reporting this post a few more times I'm sure just to hear other voices and thoughts closer to the draft time for me. And too bad you don't do the baseball, wish I could provide as much valuable help and time u provided me. I will be sure to respond for ur football posts when I see them. I really like these message boards. Nice community, and I like the incentive system of moving up in yards and rankings from posting. Ill keep on replying if u keep on replying lol, but don't be mad at me if I eventually start taking longer and longer. See you on the board closer to football and during football!
sn267537
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Apr 22, 2013 3:53 pm

sn267537 wrote:Yeah have the same thought of cam vs. Wilson like u, however, I still fear some type of a downhill factor though I hope I'm wrong. Just going off of trends in NFL I've noticed. But I still hope to draft pick him round 6!

R. Rice, A. Peterson, E. decker, O. Daniels

Your keepers are much better value wise and long term/health. I would be excited for u a swell. That's a long time in terms of fantasy to be sure minded with RB. I really like the holding onto later round guys. I'm struggling with the keeper dilemma of my basketball team. I should have done dynasty lol

Well, I will be reporting this post a few more times I'm sure just to hear other voices and thoughts closer to the draft time for me. And too bad you don't do the baseball, wish I could provide as much valuable help and time u provided me. I will be sure to respond for ur football posts when I see them. I really like these message boards. Nice community, and I like the incentive system of moving up in yards and rankings from posting. Ill keep on replying if u keep on replying lol, but don't be mad at me if I eventually start taking longer and longer. See you on the board closer to football and during football!

You will find people to be VERY friendly around here, only downside is that once football season is in high gear people are more looking for people that will help them and not necessarily just looking to help. There are some people who are there to help, but many more just give the bare minimum and then ask that you help with theirs.

One thing i learned last year is that if you dont put WHIR (Will help in return) at the end of the subject for your thread people wont help nearly as much, by putting that its implied that if someone responds and leaves a link to their thread that you will go respond to theirs. So once things get heavy around here make sure to add that to your post (and follow through by helping people that help you) to maximize your responses.

Other than that just stay active and be friendly and you will see people are friendly back with you. Enjoy the forum, and good luck next year :)
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby sn267537 » Mon Apr 22, 2013 4:14 pm

I have experienced friendliness and have mentioned it before.

WHIR I had to make a post asking what this meant lol

"You will find people to be VERY friendly around here, only downside is that once football season is in high gear people are more looking for people that will help them and not necessarily just looking to help. There are some people who are there to help, but many more just give the bare minimum and then ask that you help with theirs. "

I experience this all the time. Especially on the baseball forum. It is annoying for me, and I try not to put WHIR it's tacky and should be implied that u will receive help if u post and get help.

I Definetly see people always helping, and when I see a post of theirs(sometimes so rare to see), I be sure to always respond for them. Since they do for me usually and I always see them posting help so they deserve it especially if they rarely post. But yet it's sad not many people bother to help them

Thank u for the time to explain all this to me. I will be mainly full time on the baseball forum until football is closer and then baseball is over. So I will see u soon!
sn267537
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Indibuck » Mon Apr 22, 2013 11:07 pm

sn267537 wrote:I have experienced friendliness and have mentioned it before.

WHIR I had to make a post asking what this meant lol

"You will find people to be VERY friendly around here, only downside is that once football season is in high gear people are more looking for people that will help them and not necessarily just looking to help. There are some people who are there to help, but many more just give the bare minimum and then ask that you help with theirs. "

I experience this all the time. Especially on the baseball forum. It is annoying for me, and I try not to put WHIR it's tacky and should be implied that u will receive help if u post and get help.

I Definetly see people always helping, and when I see a post of theirs(sometimes so rare to see), I be sure to always respond for them. Since they do for me usually and I always see them posting help so they deserve it especially if they rarely post. But yet it's sad not many people bother to help them

Thank u for the time to explain all this to me. I will be mainly full time on the baseball forum until football is closer and then baseball is over. So I will see u soon!

Awesome! Glad you ventured to our forum, and we hope to see you again soon!
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Previous

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions