DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Player eval

Postby duffoholic » Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:37 pm

First, I don't really know anything about Dujuan Harris so I can't comment on him. He hasn't appeared on my radar yet.

Miller seems to be a guy who many will reach for in their drafts this season and I can see the odds of him losing the starting job to somebody else to be just as likely as the odds of him being a stud. I liken him to a Roy Helu in Washington last season, not physically but in terms of unfounded hype. Miller could be the main back or, like Helu, he could be overshadowed by a back who comes out of nowhere as Morris did last year.

Daryl Richardson has the highest ceiling here in my opinion though the talk in St. Louis is also expecting Pead to be a big factor in the ground game there. This has to temper expectations for DRich but I still prefer him over Miller. He seems decent catching out of the backfield and had a decent YPC around 5 last year despite having fewer than 10 carries in all but two games and being trapped in an offence that really struggled to move the ball. With SJax gone his carries have to increase and I see the offence continuing to grow under coach Fisher.

My two cents.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby murphysxm » Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:08 pm

I differ from Duff and see Miller well above the other two. I completely agree that he will probably be overdrafted this year, but I think he has a very realistic chance of being an every week RB#2.

Harris isn't special, but will have running holes due to that offense and every other back on the roster has been given a shot and failed.

I see Richardson as a 50/50 timeshare at best with Pead and only a couple of games all year he makes noise. The Rams offense looks like a mess to me and I don't see too many games they can afford to ground and pound.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby 11stever11 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Miller-I like him the most out of the group. I don't think he will need over 20 touches to be successful. If he can get 12-15 carries a game I think he will put up low to mid RB2 numbers this season.
D-Rich-I'm not a huge fan due to his size. I think he will have a 35-65 split favoring Pead.
Harris-I don't think he has much talent, I would expect GB to pick up another RB.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions