Make one more move or stand pat? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Make one more move or stand pat?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Make one more move or stand pat?

Postby WTA » Tue Apr 23, 2013 6:27 am

Keep 10 guys each year, 12 team league, standard scoring except we start getting PPR after 7 receptions. Here's my squad -

QB - Aaron Rodgers
RB - Adrian Peterson, Arian Foster, Mark Ingram
WR - AJ Green, Dez Bryant, Randall Cobb, Michael Floyd, Stephen Hill
TE - Aaron Hernandez

^It's actually kinda fun just to write that out... :-)

Barring injuries, I'm thinking this is a championship squad, so should I just ride it out and try to win it all this year or make a move to maybe try to get younger at RB or get a better WR? Draft picks are pretty much my only other trade leverage but I'm picking 12th in each round so really not alot to go on there...

Do you guys see Floyd and/or Hill stepping up into their potential or are they just gonna waste away on my roster?
WTA
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Make one more move or stand pat?

Postby murphysxm » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:15 am

I see upside in Floyd, but until the Jets get a real QB, Hill won't be much. That being said, your team in great shape, I wouldn't do anything major. The question marks around Hernandez are a little concerning, but I imagine there is a FA TE that could bridge the gap if he misses time.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby mycuccismells » Tue Apr 23, 2013 8:28 am

There really isnt much that you can do so i would just stay still. The only thing i could see you doing is possibly moving Foster for Richardson or Martin if you wanted to try and get younger at RB and worry about the miles being put on Foster. You have 3 great young WRs so i think you are set at that position for at least 5 years or so, and you are definitely set at QB for the next 5 years. Definitely a team that will compete for a championship for at least the next 2 years until those RBs possibly start to drop off
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Captain Eddie » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:55 pm

If I were you, I would try to orchestrate a trade for Jimmy Graham. Package Hernandez and one of your small three receivers (preferably) as starting point. You may overpay, but in the end your team would be better. Then all you need to do is find a TE and QB to fill in during the bye week and your golden.
Captain Eddie
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 79)

Postby WTA » Tue Apr 30, 2013 7:32 am

A trade for Graham would be a struggle honestly... His owner has CJ, Harvin, and Cruz as his WR's and doesn't have room to keep any more than those... He has pretty good RB depth with Rice, Forte, Mathews, Ivory, and Mendenhall but I doubt I could swing a Foster/Hernandez for Rice/Graham type of deal even if I wanted to...

That guy is pretty much my main competition this year (has Brady at QB) so I don't really wanna do anything to make him better either...
WTA
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sex Panther » Thu May 09, 2013 9:05 am

I think you stay put.

No weakness anywhere, literally.

The only issue is you are getting old at RB, but having the best dynasty QB, 3 top 10 (easy) dynasty WR, & a top 3 dynasty TE is still a rock solid foundation sans the 2 studly, aging RB. If I were in your shoes, I'd just target RB in the draft... no RB stands out as a no brainer lock for greatness, and IMO there are going to be at least 3 WR taken in the 1st of dynasty drafts, you may get lucky and land somebody who could step in and help you this season.

If not, Marcus Lattimore is a calculated risk you can hope to land at 12, stash him all year and hope he's the guy in SF by 2015 when your RB are really old...
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby WTA » Sun May 19, 2013 9:49 am

Thanks for the responses, guys...

Draft just ended, here's how my squad looks now -

QB - Rodgers, Tannehill
RB - Peterson, Foster, Mathews, Lattimore, Gerhart
WR - Green, Bryant, Cobb, Mike Wallace, Floyd, V Brown, Joseph Morgan, Wheaton
TE - Hernandez, Daniels
DEF - SF

- Still gotta pick up a kicker and one more guy off waivers..

- Traded my 1.12 for Mathews, traded Ingram for Lattimore and a 2nd rounder next year, then traded that 2nd and my 1st next year for Wallace... We have the option of starting 2 RB/3 WR or 1 RB/4 WR so I felt like another good WR was a solid investment, especially considering I'm expecting my 1st next year to be near/at the end of the round... :)
WTA
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Perfectibilist » Thu May 23, 2013 1:40 pm

WTA wrote:- Traded my 1.12 for Mathews, traded Ingram for Lattimore and a 2nd rounder next year, then traded that 2nd and my 1st next year for Wallace... We have the option of starting 2 RB/3 WR or 1 RB/4 WR so I felt like another good WR was a solid investment, especially considering I'm expecting my 1st next year to be near/at the end of the round... :)

I like 1.12 for Mathews. At that point in the draft with 10 keepers each, I would prefer him over any rookie available there. I like the Ingram trade, as long as you understand that Lattimore will probably not help you for at least a couple years, if ever, but good upside. That last trade is the one I don't like though. I appreciate your confidence that it will be a late rounder, but the 2nd as well, when you already have a potential lineup of:
AP, Foster
AJ,Dez,Cobb

You gave up all that for a guy that would on most weeks ride the bench (if it were my team). Just IMO.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby srlarson » Fri May 24, 2013 2:48 pm

I stay put.....and I realize with your first round pick you may want to go young.....but i would go depth....first round pick take Tate from houston, insurance for foster......Then second round look to fill out your team.

I would go to the plate with this team.....
srlarson
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Fantasy Expert
(Past Year: 26)

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:50 pm

Wow your team looks sick can I co-run it with you? :D
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero