Keeper qb - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Keeper qb

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keeper qb

Postby thestallionx » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:10 am

I have Peyton manning and cam newton, I have a few options, keep them both or trade one, I have a verbal conformation that I can trade Peyton and Greg Olson for romo and Arron Hernandez. My problem is the panthers haven't gotten better yet and their schedule is ridiculous with the bucs getting better and they have to play the afc east and NFC west, not many scrub defenses there. I played Peyton until I acquired cam at the trade deadline last year and won the Super Bowl. What should I do?
12 team dynasty idp
Standard scoring
Qb- Peyton, cam, ej
Rb- Doug Martin, A. Bradshaw, L. Miller, lacy, Starks
Wr. Calvin, garçon, bowe, Wallace, T. Austin, K. Stills, Wheaton
Te- gronk, housler, gates
K- Walsh
thestallionx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 57)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keeper qb

Postby duffoholic » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:43 am

I'm a HUGE newton fan but am also a little worried this season. They have the hardest schedule in the league based on last years numbers which could be okay for his numbers as it means they won't be running away with many games BUT as you said, a bunch of the defences aren't easy either.
What is the keeper situation here? Are you keeping everybody? Is there a time limit to how long you can keep? If you have to throw Newton back next year anyway, I wouldn't be opposed to trading the guy instead of Peyton. I don't like Romo but he feels like an above average backup for you if you do make this trade although I'm not sure you are getting an upgrade at TE. Hernandez is hyped up but his yards/game is lower than Olsen and Cam was really connecting with Olsen as he started using the check down a little more often and effectively last season.

So, my two cents, trading one of these guys isn't a bad idea but keeping them also seems like a fine plan. Personally, I wouldn't touch this trade as I feel like you are making a step back at QB and a lateral shift at TE. I guess I would be looking for more of an upgrade but it will be hard to come by trading a QB since the league is so deep.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby thestallionx » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:49 am

It's an idp league I keep 15 of 30, I have my team down to 15 with them both on my roster, I can keep them as long as I want them.
12 team dynasty idp
Standard scoring
Qb- Peyton, cam, ej
Rb- Doug Martin, A. Bradshaw, L. Miller, lacy, Starks
Wr. Calvin, garçon, bowe, Wallace, T. Austin, K. Stills, Wheaton
Te- gronk, housler, gates
K- Walsh
thestallionx
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 57)

Postby Indibuck » Tue Apr 23, 2013 2:16 pm

thestallionx wrote:It's an idp league I keep 15 of 30, I have my team down to 15 with them both on my roster, I can keep them as long as I want them.

I would keep them both at this point.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue Apr 23, 2013 10:09 pm

Indibuck wrote:
thestallionx wrote:It's an idp league I keep 15 of 30, I have my team down to 15 with them both on my roster, I can keep them as long as I want them.

I would keep them both at this point.

Since you can keep that many players, I definitely agree with Indi. Keep both, and then when Peyton retires you'll still have Cam. Plus, with QB's getting injured all the time, I think it's a good idea to have 2 good QB's on your team. Good luck!

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions