Opinions on this trade...

Postby wtr23 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:16 pm

RB D. Richardson
RB D. Williams
1.7 draft pick

for

Reggie Bush
1.10 draft pick

this is a dynasty league with .5 PPR, 6 pts/TD, 10 rush yds/pt and 15 rec yds/pt

*edit* forgot to mention we can also trade for 2014 draft picks, if necessary.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Opinions on this trade...

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Apr 24, 2013 7:58 pm

wtr23 wrote:RB D. Richardson
RB D. Williams
1.7 draft pick

for

Reggie Bush
1.10 draft pick

this is a dynasty league with .5 PPR, 6 pts/TD, 10 rush yds/pt and 15 rec yds/pt

*edit* forgot to mention we can also trade for 2014 draft picks, if necessary.

I think this trade hinges on whether or not you think D.Richardson will become a decent starter in STL. Right now it looks like it'll be a RBBC with DRich & Pead, but that could change if STL drafts a RB. I don't know many people that are sold on DRich becoming a full-time starter. CAR renegotiated J.Stewart's contract in late January, so it looks like he'll finally get the chance to start. This makes D.Williams either a handcuff or there are some talks (like on rotoworld) that CAR might even cut him after June 1st:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/465 ... an-stewart

Plus D.Williams will be 30 this year, so I don't think he has much value either way. R.Bush just turned 28, but I think he could explode over the next couple of years on the pass happy offense in DET....especially in a PPR league. So the only way I wouldn't do this trade was if i felt that DRich was going to be the starter in STL for a while. Like most, I have my doubts, so I think I'd do this trade for what looks like a "sure thing" with R.Bush in DET. You only move 3 spots down in the 1st this year, and I don't think that's a big deal. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby wtr23 » Wed Apr 24, 2013 8:16 pm

I'm actually offering the trade at the moment... the team has AP as the other starting back, so I thought mabe a 2 for 1 plus a slightly upgraded pick would help me land Bush. We play with IDP in this league, so the team could probably get one of the top RBs from the rookie class as well. Williams is older, yes, but he still gets a his fair share of touches. If 23 year old Richardson pans out he'll be a solid option for years in a run first offense.

The owner says the trade is "under consideration" at this point. I have Foster and Gore as my primary backs, with D rich/williams/p thomas rotating in at a flex spot. I don't mind the 2 for 1 and downgraded draft pick if I have 3 safe backs on the roster to go with my 2 stud receivers (Marshall & D Thomas).
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby Indibuck » Fri Apr 26, 2013 10:03 am

I think it's a pretty fair trade offer... But I'm not accepting if I am the other owner. I think it's a nice starting point for negotiations.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions