1.13 New York Jets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2013 NFL Draft

1.13 New York Jets

1.13 New York Jets

Postby Calyxes » Thu Apr 25, 2013 7:46 pm

1.13: Sheldon Richardson - DT, Missouri
Last edited by Calyxes on Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 1.13 new York Jets

Postby Calyxes » Thu Apr 25, 2013 8:40 pm

WR or TE? I am going to say Eifert
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Re: 1.13 New York Jets

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Apr 26, 2013 12:09 am

I was a little surprised that the Jets went defense with both of their 1st round picks, but I was very happy that they didn't reach for a QB in the 1st. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Apr 27, 2013 11:58 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I was a little surprised that the Jets went defense with both of their 1st round picks, but I was very happy that they didn't reach for a QB in the 1st. ;-D

While I was happy that the Jets didn't reach for a QB in the 1st, I'm not sure how I feel about them picking Geno Smith in the 2nd. I know that the Jets have needs everywhere (including QB), but I don't think John Elway (or any other HOF QB) could succeed with the lack of offensive talent on this team. Time will tell. :-?

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby joejlitz » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:47 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:I was a little surprised that the Jets went defense with both of their 1st round picks, but I was very happy that they didn't reach for a QB in the 1st. ;-D

So how do you feel about the addition of Charlie Ward...I mean Geno Smith?

And when the heck are you guys gonna let Tebow go?
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Apr 27, 2013 1:53 pm

joejlitz wrote:

:-b

See my post above.

joejlitz wrote:And when the heck are you guys gonna let Tebow go?

Not sure, but he'll definitely be kicked to the curb soon. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed May 01, 2013 7:25 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
joejlitz wrote:

:-b

See my post above.

joejlitz wrote:And when the heck are you guys gonna let Tebow go?

Not sure, but he'll definitely be kicked to the curb soon. ;-D

I'm getting less excited about Geno Smith by the day, and I wasn't excited to begin with. First he fires his agent because he's clueless, and this from rotoworld today:

rotoworld wrote:
Several NFL executives who spent "extensive time" with Jets rookie Geno Smith before the draft believe Smith faces significant NFL roadblocks because he's "tuned out" and fails to realize he doesn't know everything.
"I'm not sure he knows how to take instruction because he pretty much wouldn't listen or talk to our coaches," said one exec. "... You can't tell him anything right now. He's tuned out because he thinks he's got it all down." Another NFL exec questioned Smith's leadership. "He doesn't have much presence, not much of a leader. I don't think he's a bad person, but that's not enough to be a quarterback in this league." Per Yahoo's Jason Cole, Smith spent "much of his time on his cell phone" during pre-draft visits. "All these other players were talking to coaches, trying to get to know people and he was over there by himself," one source said. "That's not what you want out of your quarterback."

Not to mention the negatives from a scouting report on pro football weekly:

pro football weekly wrote:Negatives: Operated an offense where he received adjustments from the sidelines and was often out of sync with receivers. Average field vision and coverage recognition — forces throws and does not work through progressions. Takes unnecessary sacks and does not feel pressure well. Not an elusive scrambler. Shaky lower-body mechanics — does not stand tall in the pocket (crouches, hops, dances and elevates to his toes when he throws). Has pin legs and bad pocket posture. Operated almost exclusively from the gun. Not a student of the game. Nonchalant field presence — does not command respect from teammates and cannot inspire. Mild practice demeanor — no urgency. Not committed or focused — marginal work ethic. Interviewed poorly at the Combine and did not show an understanding of concepts on the white board. Opted not to compete at the Senior Bowl and has approached offseason training as if he has already arrived and it shows in his body with minimal muscle definition or strength. Has small hands and glaring ball security issues (32 career fumbles). Really struggled handling the snow in Pinstripe Bowl (took two safeties) and will be troubled by the elements. Needed to be coddled in college — cannot handle hard coaching.

And this was part of their summary:

pro football weekly wrote:A cross between Akili Smith and Aaron Brooks, Smith is a gimmick, overhyped product of the system lacking the football savvy, work habits and focus to cement a starting job and could drain energy from a QB room. Will be overdrafted and struggle to produce against NFL defensive complexities.

SMH at the Jets for drafting this idiot. :-t :~(

flotsamnjetsam

Return to 2013 NFL Draft