Thoughts on Ridley, Luck this year - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Thoughts on Ridley, Luck this year

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on Ridley, Luck this year

Postby Mobenhaus12 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:42 am

Like to hear what anyone has to say on these two. I'm contemplating keeping Ridley for a 4th rounder and Luck for a 12th rounder. Luck is a good value there, but would anyone not keep Ridley for a 4th rounder? They signed Blount today, and I feel a little uneasy about it. Also, how would you feel if Luck was your every week starter?
Mobenhaus12
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thoughts on Ridley, Luck this year

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:25 pm

I think Luck will post low end QB1 numbers; he has mid QB1 upside. I am a bit worried about his weapons this year. He is a great value for a 12th round pick. I would look to get a solid QB2 with him though. Ridley should be a mid RB2. I think he will be a bit inconsistent this season. I don't think he provides good value.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby mycuccismells » Wed May 08, 2013 3:46 pm

11stever11 wrote:I think Luck will post low end QB1 numbers; he has mid QB1 upside. I am a bit worried about his weapons this year. He is a great value for a 12th round pick. I would look to get a solid QB2 with him though. Ridley should be a mid RB2. I think he will be a bit inconsistent this season. I don't think he provides good value.

I would agree with the Luck part of this, not necessarily with the Ridley part. As far as Luck goes definitely get a solid QB2 to go along with him, think Romo/Flacco/etc that you can plug in when Luck gets a tough matchup.

As far as Ridley i think he will be a solid RB2, with RB1 upside. The patriots are a little thin on receivers, and while we all know Brady will continue to sling it I think that means that they will also rely on the run a bit more like last year (compared to previous years). Sure they got Blount but they lost Woodhead who stole a ton of production last year. Ridley will still be their go to guy with Vareen being a change of pace and Blount stealing some TDs.

I actually think that you are getting really good value out of Ridley as a 4th round pick. He will be a bit inconsistent as he was last year, but if he matches last year then you will have gotten a relative steal. I was never a believer in him and he definitely makes me nervous, but you cant argue with his production. In standard leagues he averaged 12.7PPG last year which made him the #10 RB in fantasy. Now you didnt say if this is a PPR league and he takes a major hit in those leagues as he only had 6 receptions last year making him fall to #22 RB in PPR leagues. In a standard league a fringe RB1/RB2 is going to be taken by the turn of round 2/ round 3
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby Sex Panther » Thu May 09, 2013 8:45 am

Luck for a 12th is a no brainer IMO.

Ridley for a 4th isn't as much as a value, but that's right around where he'll be drafted. In standard scoring I like him A LOT more than in PPR formats. Blount probably isn't making the Patriots 53 man roster - he's not worth worrying about, Shane Vereen on the other hand is... Vereen will poach a few carries, but he'll play on basically all passing downs & with where I think they'll end up being drafted, Vereen is the Pat's back I would like to own.

You can pencil in Luck as your QB, and Ridley as your RB2 & use your 1st - 3rd rounders to try and find your starting WR's and RB1, neither guy (Luck or Ridley) are upper echelon options (ie consensus top 5 guys at their positions), but both are entrenched as starting caliber fantasy footballers IMO.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Indibuck » Thu May 09, 2013 9:45 am

I like both guys for keepers.

I'm not sure that Blount makes it out of camp in NE, to be honest. I wouldn't worry about him. Zi see Ridley as the main man, and Vereen a possible flex play in PPR leagues.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions