Better Value? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Better Value?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Better Value?

Postby wtr23 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:47 am

Which TE would you rather have and why... Tyler Eifert (CIN) or Zach Ertz (PHI). .5 PPR, 6 pt/TDs, 1 pt/15 rec yds
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Better Value?

Postby murphysxm » Sun Apr 28, 2013 12:37 pm

I'm assuming this is dynasty, so I always lean to the better player and take situation out of the equation. Eifert is better, I take him. If it is a redraft, I like Ertz more this year.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby wtr23 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 1:26 pm

Yes this is dynasty (thats why I posted in the dynasty forum :-D )... I figured both were going to teams that may try to incorporate the 2 TE offense we've seen in New England, Baltimore, San Francisco, etc. Would you consider either in the first round of a rookie draft? My other TEs are Heath Miller, Brandon Myers, and Delanie Walker.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby wtr23 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:33 pm

Part 2... Montee Ball or Marcus Lattimore? Both teams had older RB1s at the start of the season. McGahee is all but out of the picture in Denver, and Gore battles injuries and constantly plays banged up. I imagine Ball has a chance to land the starting job in Denver, moreso than Lattimore in San Francisco. I think Lattimore rides the bench awhie, allowing him some time to get back to 100% after multiple injuries in college.

That being said, who do you like going forward? I'm the Frank Gore owner in the league, so it'd be nice to have a handcuff even if he isn't producing this year. Then again, Ball could easily start contributing this year in a weak Denver running game. Bernard, Lacy, and Bell are off the board, and I got the next pick. Is there another back I didn't mention that you'd rather have in this situation?
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 11stever11 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 pm

wtr23 wrote:Part 2... Montee Ball or Marcus Lattimore? Both teams had older RB1s at the start of the season. McGahee is all but out of the picture in Denver, and Gore battles injuries and constantly plays banged up. I imagine Ball has a chance to land the starting job in Denver, moreso than Lattimore in San Francisco. I think Lattimore rides the bench awhie, allowing him some time to get back to 100% after multiple injuries in college.

That being said, who do you like going forward? I'm the Frank Gore owner in the league, so it'd be nice to have a handcuff even if he isn't producing this year. Then again, Ball could easily start contributing this year in a weak Denver running game. Bernard, Lacy, and Bell are off the board, and I got the next pick. Is there another back I didn't mention that you'd rather have in this situation?

I would take Ball over Lattimore. I think Ball can produce right away in the Broncos system. I think it is close though. I prefer Eifert over Ertz, but I do not like either much.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby mzkp54 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:09 pm

11stever11 wrote:I would take Ball over Lattimore. I think Ball can produce right away in the Broncos system. I think it is close though. I prefer Eifert over Ertz, but I do not like either much.

My thoughts exactly
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 233)

Postby wtr23 » Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:15 pm

Thanks guys... went ahead and took Ball ;-D
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:49 pm

wtr23 wrote:Thanks guys... went ahead and took Ball ;-D

Good pick. Easy choice. Lattimore has too many questions with the 2 knee injuries one devastating.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions