Marcus Lattimore - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Marcus Lattimore

Moderator: Football Moderators

Marcus Lattimore

Postby TruNinerFan » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:32 am

Where would you guys take Lattimore in a dynasty rookie draft? I think he is in a perfect spot in San Fransisco.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Marcus Lattimore

Postby Indibuck » Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:37 am

He's probably an early 2nd round pick, but you may have to use a late first to pick him up.

I love his potential for 2014 and beyond, while I expect nothing for 2013... So owners will have to be patient.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby 11stever11 » Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:29 pm

In a 12 team PPR league I see him going late first, early second at worst. I like his upside quite a bit.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby murphysxm » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:35 pm

I know I am in the minority enough that I doubt I land him in any of my leagues, but I can't see myself using a 1st or a 2nd for him. There are too many skill players that I think have a potential to stick in good spots for me to risk a high pick on a guy coming back from two devastating injuries. Yes Gore is heading out, but Kendall Hunter is no slouch either.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon Apr 29, 2013 6:50 pm

murphysxm wrote:I know I am in the minority enough that I doubt I land him in any of my leagues, but I can't see myself using a 1st or a 2nd for him. There are too many skill players that I think have a potential to stick in good spots for me to risk a high pick on a guy coming back from two devastating injuries. Yes Gore is heading out, but Kendall Hunter is no slouch either.

I agree with murphys. I think the risk is too big to use a late 1st/early 2nd rounder on him (I might consider him in the late 2nd...depending on who was still on the board and what my team needs were). He might not ever come back from his 2nd knee injury, and if he does, he might never be the same. That's why he fell so far in the NFL Draft, and that's not the type of player I like to use a late 1st/early 2nd round pick on.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:00 pm

Had he not been hurt I feel he was the best Rb in this draft class. Knees seem to be healing better nowadays but name one player who had 3 knee injuries that is still succeeding in the league. He is one away from being that guy. I do feel he will be productive next year but he is a huge risk. I believe he will go early 2nd round.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Indibuck » Mon Apr 29, 2013 10:14 pm

Lattimore is the ultimate risk/reward player in a rookie class full of them.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby dblj9911 » Wed May 01, 2013 2:17 pm

With the depth SF has at rb, Gore, Hunter and James he isn't needed this year unless Gore goes down with a injury. I can see them simply putting him on the pup list and then moving him to IR letting him learn the system and more importantly fully rehabbing both of his legs. With the lack of depth in players this year I can see him being a very late 1st or 2nd rd pick who you will have to stash for a year.

viewtopic.php?f=396&t=533654
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions