Chris Ivory traded to Jets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Ivory traded to Jets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Ivory traded to Jets

Postby stomperrob » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:39 am

During the draft the Jets traded for Chris Ivory further muddying the RB picture in NY:

NY Jets give New Orleans Saints fourth-round pick for RB Chris Ivory
By Manish Mehta / NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
Friday, April 26, 2013, 9:35 PM

The Jets capped the second day of the draft Friday night by trading for Saints running back Chris Ivory, an expected move that had been in the works for the past couple weeks. Gang Green gave New Orleans its fourth-round pick (106th overall) to acquire the bruising 6-2, 222-pound back.

“He’s a very physical, violent runner,” general manager John Idzik said. “He’s got size. He’s got speed. He runs with attitude.”

The 25-year-old Ivory recently signed his one-year restricted free agent tender for $2 million, but he’s expected to ink a multi-year deal with the Jets. Gang Green will have a committee approach with Ivory, Mike Goodson, Bilal Powell and Joe McKnight.

“I just feel like it's my time,” Ivory told Nola.com on Friday night. “With every little glimpse I had in New Orleans, I did great things. If I'm getting more than six and seven carries a game, the sky is the limit for me. I can do some great things and put up some crazy numbers in New York.”

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/footb ... -1.1328809
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chris Ivory traded to Jets

Postby mutantseabass » Wed May 01, 2013 7:30 pm

I love the pick up for Ivory. Idzik said Ivory is a very physical violent runner, sounds like he got his Marshawn Lynch. Idzik seems to be taking the Seahawks model which he knows very well and trying to transfer it over to the Jets. I like what he is doing with the Jets, Rex needs to step his game up this season or he will find himself out of a job.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu May 02, 2013 4:58 pm

Dang, was hoping it was Goodson's time. It will be nice to see how Ivory does away from the clutter in the Saints backfield. It is shaping up to be a pretty interesting exhibition season coming up, eh? ;-D

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Mr.Joshua » Mon May 06, 2013 4:05 pm

One of the best moves the Jets have made in the last 7-9 years
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 210)

Postby stomperrob » Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:00 pm

It's that time of year again - hamstring injury time!

Chris Ivory, Jets running back, tweaks hamstring injury
By Michael J. Fensom/The Star-Ledger
Follow on Twitter
on July 31, 2013 at 3:03 PM, updated July 31, 2013 at 3:35 PM

CORTLAND, N.Y. -- Chris Ivory, the Jets running back, is still trying to shed nagging tightness in his hamstring. Ivory practiced Monday, his first session of training camp at SUNY Cortland. After the team spent Tuesday off the field, Ivory emerged again with his teammates this morning, wearing a fresh, white No. 33 uniform.

Ivory's participation was brief. The tendons in his leg tightened soon after practice began, during individual drills. The Jets training staff decided, at such an early juncture in the preseason, to pull Ivory off the field and return him to a rehabilitation regimen.

"The hamstring is tricky," Ivory said. "It can feel good, you can go out there like I did today. I thought I was ready but I’m not ready. I don’t want to push it and make it a two-week injury. When it’s fixed I’m able to stay out there and not injure it."

Ivory said he is becoming increasingly frustrated with his vantage point from the sidelines. He was acquired on April 26 after the Jets shipped a fourth-round draft pick to the New Orleans Saints. John Idzik, the Jets general manager, impressed by the 222-pounder's battering ram style, said he hopes Ivory can become the Jets' featured running back.

But with the injury, Ivory is yet to demonstrate he can carry the load. "I kind of feel like I’m starting off on the wrong foot," he said.

Ivory, thus, remains a mysterious candidate in an influential position battle. In three seasons as a member of the Saints' crowded backfield, Ivory averaged 5.1 yards per carry but started just eight games. Last December, a hamstring injury derailed what seemed to be a midseason ascension for Ivory. In the five games prior to the Week 14 injury, Ivory averaged 5.4 yards on 36 carries and scored twice.

con't...

more: http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/2013/0 ... njury.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Return to Football Talk