2014 Proposed Rules Changes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Frozen Tundra Dynasty League

2014 Proposed Rules Changes

Moderators: Indibuck, Devil Doc, Football Moderators

2014 Proposed Rules Changes

Postby Indibuck » Tue Apr 30, 2013 5:46 pm

Use this thread to nominate a rules change you would like to see for 2014 and going forward. State your case as to why the rule should be changed.

If another owner likes your idea, they can "second" it, and we will put it to a full vote in the offseason.

This thread is also for discussing these rule changes. As always, please keep the discussion civil. It's okay to disagree with a view or opinion, but let's keep it constructive and make this the best dynasty league on the Cafe.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 2014 Proposed Rules Changes

Postby Instinctive » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:56 am

An actual cut-down date, before the draft. We shouldn't just randomly be at however many players you want until you're ready to cut people.

A defined FA start date would be nice as well.
Fourth and Inches (Dynasty)
Zealots: 4, 39, 56
Cafe Very Special Forces (Dynasty)
General Manager Wannabees
Frozen Tundra (Dynasty)
Instinctive
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic

Postby Dolfan19 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:52 pm

I have been thinking it would be fun if we had a separate thread for player Auctions. An owner could set up the terms and then everyone could bid on it. So, for example, if I wanted to get rid of Romo I could say Auction to last 1 week ending at 8:00 PM with a reserve of a 2nd round pick. Any bids in the last hour would extend auction an additional hour. And of course I would have to keep updating who the highest bidder is, since everything is subjective. End results would be binding of course. I guess we would have to set up Auction rules or something.

I'm not sure if something like this already takes place in other leagues. I think it would stimulate trading, and reduce those instances where you see a trade you think is lopsided and think, "man I would have paid more than that..."
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Jul 09, 2013 2:37 pm

I like this and don't even see it as a rule change requiring a vote. Anyone could probably do it at any time in the general discussion thread. With that said a separate thread would be helpful.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Frozen Tundra Dynasty League