Best Value Keeper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Best Value Keeper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Best Value Keeper

Postby PorkTornado » Fri May 03, 2013 2:27 pm

I'm in a 12 team standard scoring league and we get to keep 2 players from our final roster not drafted in the first 3 rounds. The player we keep is selected in the same round they were drafted in the year before. In the case of a free agent pick up they will take your 10th and 11th round selections.

My Choices and the rounds I would select them in are between P. Harvin 4th, D. Bowe 6th, D. Sproles 14th, A. Morris 10th, D. Wilson and TY Hilton both in the 11th. The last 3 guys were FA pick ups therefore replacing my 10th and 11th picks.
Morris is definitely my first choice and I feel my second pick is between Wilson and Sproles. I like the thought of keeping 2 RBs rather than an RB and WR.
I guess my main question is which is the better selection; Wilson in the 11th or Sproles in the 14th. Sproles was my keeper from the previous year which is why he is in the 14th round.
Please help! I thank any and all suggestions.
PorkTornado
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Best Value Keeper

Postby murphysxm » Fri May 03, 2013 2:37 pm

for me personally, especially since it sounds like you can keep him forever, I'd keep Wilson in the 11th.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 222)

Postby Indibuck » Fri May 03, 2013 2:40 pm

Morris is the easy first pick.

Wilson is the 2nd guy. There's not that huge a difference in value between 11th round and 14th round picks. Wilson is clearly the upside play here, especially over Sproles in a non-PPR.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby PorkTornado » Fri May 03, 2013 3:04 pm

Thanks for such quick responses. You guys must love FF just as much as (probably more than) I do. Wilson is the guy I was leaning toward keeping originally and it seem to be the consensus pick, but I also value all opinions. What are some thoughts on Wilson vs Brown competing for the lead roll? I've been reading that most are selecting Wilson to win the job but Brown played well last year. I guess it's kinda like Morris. Everyone jumped early last year on Helu and Morris went undrafted (in my league).
PorkTornado
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 8)

Postby Indibuck » Fri May 03, 2013 4:54 pm

PorkTornado wrote:Thanks for such quick responses. You guys must love FF just as much as (probably more than) I do. Wilson is the guy I was leaning toward keeping originally and it seem to be the consensus pick, but I also value all opinions. What are some thoughts on Wilson vs Brown competing for the lead roll? I've been reading that most are selecting Wilson to win the job but Brown played well last year. I guess it's kinda like Morris. Everyone jumped early last year on Helu and Morris went undrafted (in my league).

I think Brown has a role in the offense, but they will give Wilson every chance to be the man. His pass pro has hopefully improved.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby Devil Doc » Fri May 03, 2013 6:06 pm

I think even in an non-ppr league, I'd still keep Sproles over Wilson at this point. Andre Brown I would suspect would vulture the GL carries, seriously limiting Wilson's value.

Alfred Morris is an obvious no brainer as well.
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 95)

Postby PMoneyTKE » Tue May 07, 2013 5:34 pm

I may just be a homer, or I may just not like David Wilson as much as most, but I'd go with T.Y. Hilton. I think he is set for a huge year and have heard rumblings that the new O-Coordinator might try to use him in a Randall Cobb/Percy Harvin type role.

Just my two cents.
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wickerkat » Wed May 08, 2013 7:41 pm

Morris and Wilson, I like them both, for sure. TY Hilton is good, emerging, but feels kind of common.

Help with mine? viewtopic.php?t=533693
wickerkat
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions