Can only keep 2, please help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Can only keep 2, please help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Can only keep 2, please help

Postby Devil Doc » Fri May 03, 2013 6:22 pm

This is probably waaaaay to early to be asking about keeper help, but I'm interested to see how others may view my current team, and current keeper value.

Can only keep 2 players, and no limit on them. Our draft is randomized every year, so no idea where I'll be picking until closer to the season start.

My #1 keeper, and a no doubter is Doug Martin. However, with the 6pts/passing TD, I'm seriously considering taking Luck. I thought about DMC, but I think I should be able to draft him again this year if I needed/wanted to based on his horrible year last year.

Thoughts?

Scoring: NON PPR, 6pts/passing TD, 6pts/Ru and Rec TD, 1pt/25 yds passing, 1pt/10 yards rushing/rec
Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, K, DST

My team:

QB: RGIII, Luck
RB: Martin, DMC, Moreno, Bryce Brown, Tate
WR: Decker, Amendola, Danario Alexander, Bowe, James Jones
TE: Jimmy Graham
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 92)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Can only keep 2, please help

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri May 03, 2013 6:55 pm

Devil Doc wrote:This is probably waaaaay to early to be asking about keeper help, but I'm interested to see how others may view my current team, and current keeper value.

Can only keep 2 players, and no limit on them. Our draft is randomized every year, so no idea where I'll be picking until closer to the season start.

My #1 keeper, and a no doubter is Doug Martin. However, with the 6pts/passing TD, I'm seriously considering taking Luck. I thought about DMC, but I think I should be able to draft him again this year if I needed/wanted to based on his horrible year last year.

Thoughts?

Scoring: NON PPR, 6pts/passing TD, 6pts/Ru and Rec TD, 1pt/25 yds passing, 1pt/10 yards rushing/rec
Start: QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1 RB/WR, TE, K, DST

My team:

QB: RGIII, Luck
RB: Martin, DMC, Moreno, Bryce Brown, Tate
WR: Decker, Amendola, Danario Alexander, Bowe, James Jones
TE: Jimmy Graham

Martin is definitely a no-brainer (like you said). I don't blame you for wanting to keep Luck, but I might consider keeping Graham. My thinking is that in redraft leagues, Martin is a 1st round pick, and Graham is most likely a 2nd round pick. Some might even take him late 1st (not me). Depending on how many QB's are kept, I think you have a better chance of getting Luck back in your draft. And if you end up not getting Luck back in your draft, you should be able to at least get a similar QB. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Indibuck » Fri May 03, 2013 11:04 pm

I think Graham is the guy to pair with Martin. He is, in my mind, the undisputed TE1 going into the season. With as deep as QB is, I agree that you are much more likely to get Luck back to you as you are Graham.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby wtr23 » Sun May 05, 2013 7:46 pm

I agree, Martin and graham are the guys to keep here. I can see all of the others falling to the 3rd or 4th round at least, if you're high on them you can target them in the draft and hopefully grab a couple of them. I don't see Graham falling to you if you throw him back here.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby murphysxm » Sun May 05, 2013 7:49 pm

I agree with the majority. Graham and Martin give you a #1 at two positions. Luck can be redrafted (or one of the 6 or 7 QB's about his equal) much easier than Graham
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Sex Panther » Mon May 06, 2013 11:57 am

Martin/Graham here as well.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby T-Lo » Mon May 06, 2013 9:25 pm

Martin/Graham stockpile can add me to the list. However, if you want to keep Luck, I wouldn't be opposed to it.

If RGIII hadn't been injured I would have said to definitely keep him over Graham. Unfortunately that isn't the case.
T-Lo
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 68)

Postby TruNinerFan » Fri May 31, 2013 9:02 am

Indibuck wrote:I think Graham is the guy to pair with Martin. He is, in my mind, the undisputed TE1 going into the season. With as deep as QB is, I agree that you are much more likely to get Luck back to you as you are Graham.

I agree with Indi. Keeping Graham is a no brainer in this case.

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri May 31, 2013 10:41 am

Ill be a follower and go with Graham as well, like others have said he is the stud in a much shallower position. I would much rather have the #1-2 TE (when there are only 4-5 reliable TEs) than a mid tier QB when there are a dozen reliable QBs. When you are keeping 2 guys you need to really be trying to keep guys that are round 1-3 draft picks in standard leagues if possible.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby m16a » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:03 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Martin is definitely a no-brainer (like you said). I don't blame you for wanting to keep Luck, but I might consider keeping Graham. My thinking is that in redraft leagues, Martin is a 1st round pick, and Graham is most likely a 2nd round pick. Some might even take him late 1st (not me). Depending on how many QB's are kept, I think you have a better chance of getting Luck back in your draft. And if you end up not getting Luck back in your draft, you should be able to at least get a similar QB. Good luck! ;-D

Couldn't have said it better myself. I'm in full agreement with everyone else, Doc. Go for Graham and Martin. You've got a projected top 5 in two categories, and QB is deep. Good luck out there. ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions