Keepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Keepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keepers

Postby Indibuck » Sat May 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Non-PPR league, big bonuses for 300 passing or 100 rushing or receiving yards. Bonuses for long TDs as well. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, no flex.

We must keep 3, we can keep up to 5. I will be keeping 5. I would like some input from the board on who should be kept.

QB Newton, RGIII
RB Peterson, Lynch, Ridley
WR Green, Julio Jones, Demaryious Thomas, Randall Cobb
TE Hernandez

AP, Green, and Jones are absolute locks.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Keepers

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat May 04, 2013 7:44 pm

I'd go with your QB's. Both are good young players, but both have the potential for injury, so keeping the 2 gives you automatic insurance.

You might make a case for Lynch and Ridley, but I'm not entirely sold on either one of those guys. But, if you really want to keep another RB, I'd go with Ridley, and keep RG3 also.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 443)

Postby murphysxm » Sat May 04, 2013 8:20 pm

First of all, heck of a team.... I would keep Lynch and D Thomas. Qb's is deep enough to afford you the luxury of an amazing core at wr and Rb.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby Indibuck » Sat May 04, 2013 8:22 pm

Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:I'd go with your QB's. Both are good young players, but both have the potential for injury, so keeping the 2 gives you automatic insurance.

You might make a case for Lynch and Ridley, but I'm not entirely sold on either one of those guys. But, if you really want to keep another RB, I'd go with Ridley, and keep RG3 also.

Thank you for your input. I can see making an argument for keeping a QB, but being a 10 person league, I can't conceivably keep 2 QBs when I can only start 1.

To me, the final 2 spots come down to 4-5 guys... Lynch, Ridley, Thomas, Cobb, or either QB.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Indibuck » Sat May 04, 2013 8:27 pm

murphysxm wrote:First of all, heck of a team.... I would keep Lynch and D Thomas. Qb's is deep enough to afford you the luxury of an amazing core at wr and Rb.

Thanks bud. This is my long running league with buddies, I finished runner up to an equally loaded squad.

Lynch and Thomas are the way I am leaning as well. I am wanting someone to talk me into a QB or another guy over Lynch/Thomas.
Indibuck

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 04, 2013 9:05 pm

Indibuck wrote:Non-PPR league, big bonuses for 300 passing or 100 rushing or receiving yards. Bonuses for long TDs as well. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, no flex.

We must keep 3, we can keep up to 5. I will be keeping 5. I would like some input from the board on who should be kept.

QB Newton, RGIII
TE Hernandez

Along with the 3 "locks" that you mentioned, I'd also keep Lynch & D.Thomas. Those are the 5 players with the highest ADP's, so I think they represent the best value, and you'll have 5 of your 7 offensive starters set. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Sex Panther » Mon May 06, 2013 12:15 pm

Indibuck wrote:Non-PPR league, big bonuses for 300 passing or 100 rushing or receiving yards. Bonuses for long TDs as well. Start 1QB, 2RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, no flex.

QB Newton, RGIII
TE Hernandez

Nice problem to have...

The 3 locks + Beast Mode & Thomas (altough Cobb is certainly tempting considering Rodgers age vs Peyton's)

Can you trade players prior to decalring keepers & draft?

If so, I would try and move some of the talent you have to a team that is lacking in the "no brainer" keeper department... if you have to keep 3, but can keep 5, there has to be a team out there w/ 1 or 2 studs & a bunch of roster filler.

Try and swing a blockbuster if possible... Cobb/Thomas/Ridley/Hernandez for Megatron for hypothtical example
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby wtr23 » Mon May 06, 2013 7:25 pm

Another vote for D thomas and Lynch... best options you have left. If you are high on the QBs you will most likely be able to draft them or another one of that caliber in the 5th/6th/7th rounds
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby PMoneyTKE » Tue May 07, 2013 5:09 pm

Indibuck wrote:
murphysxm wrote:First of all, heck of a team.... I would keep Lynch and D Thomas. Qb's is deep enough to afford you the luxury of an amazing core at wr and Rb.

Thanks bud. This is my long running league with buddies, I finished runner up to an equally loaded squad.

Lynch and Thomas are the way I am leaning as well. I am wanting someone to talk me into a QB or another guy over Lynch/Thomas.

I gotta agree with you here. I think this leaves you stacked at starting RB & WR and leaves you open to take a QB with your first pick. ;-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions