WAY early keeper question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

WAY early keeper question

Moderator: Football Moderators

WAY early keeper question

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sat May 04, 2013 8:35 pm

We don't need to make our drops until July, but thought I'd put my team out there for suggestions.

16 team dynasty, 13 dynasty players retained, 7 round Labor Day draft
Starters: QB, 2 RB, 3WR, TE, K, team D

All TD's are 6 pts, 1 pt/75 yds passing, 1 pt/25 yds rushing or recieving
Defensively, 2 pts for safety; 1 pt each FR, INT, sack, blocked kick; 6 pts per shutout

My lineup-
Flacco, Dalton
Trent Richardson, Shonn Greene, Jacquizz Rodgers, Rashard Jennings, Chris Rainey
Pierre Garcon, Alshon Jeffery, Malcolm Floyd, Denarius Moore, Greg Little, Jarius Wright, Dwayne Harris
Fred Davis, Anthony Fasano, Logan Paulsen
Justin Tucker
Redskins, Tampa Bay

So, the obvious drops include Paulsen, Fasano, Harris, Rainey, and one of the D's.

From there I'm thinking Jennings, and not sure on the last one. Floyd, if he starts dropping down the depth chart? Greene, now slitting time but vulturing TD's in Tennessee?

Also, please yell at me that I'm a homer, and I should drop the 'Skins D and keep the Bucs. The Skins HAVE to get better down the road, right??

For the draft, I've got pick #9 in all rounds.

One guy hold 7 first round picks, 4 of them ahead of me. He's got no glaring needs, except maybe WR. And somehow had enough bad luck to finish last in the league last year.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WAY early keeper question

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:We don't need to make our drops until July, but thought I'd put my team out there for suggestions.

Defensively, 2 pts for safety; 1 pt each FR, INT, sack, blocked kick; 6 pts per shutout

My lineup-
Flacco, Dalton
Trent Richardson, Shonn Greene, Jacquizz Rodgers, Rashard Jennings, Chris Rainey
Pierre Garcon, Alshon Jeffery, Malcolm Floyd, Denarius Moore, Greg Little, Jarius Wright, Dwayne Harris
Justin Tucker
Redskins, Tampa Bay

So, the obvious drops include Paulsen, Fasano, Harris, Rainey, and one of the D's.

From there I'm thinking Jennings, and not sure on the last one. Floyd, if he starts dropping down the depth chart? Greene, now slitting time but vulturing TD's in Tennessee?

Also, please yell at me that I'm a homer, and I should drop the 'Skins D and keep the Bucs. The Skins HAVE to get better down the road, right??

One guy hold 7 first round picks, 4 of them ahead of me. He's got no glaring needs, except maybe WR. And somehow had enough bad luck to finish last in the league last year.

I think you're on the right track. I'd drop the 6 that you mentioned. For the 7th drop, I'd drop your other D. I looked at several rankings/ADP's, and both the TB & WAS D's were going between 18-24, so it looks like neither is being drafted as a #1 D...even in a 16 team league. I think you can easily get one of those D's back in the draft (and yes, TB D was listed ahead of WAS D on all the rankings/ADP's that I looked at), and you might be able to get a better D in the draft. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Indibuck » Mon May 06, 2013 9:04 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:We don't need to make our drops until July, but thought I'd put my team out there for suggestions.

My lineup-
Flacco, Dalton
Justin Tucker
Redskins, Tampa Bay

I think you're on the right track. I'd drop the 6 that you mentioned. For the 7th drop, I'd drop your other D. I looked at several rankings/ADP's, and both the TB & WAS D's were going between 18-24, so it looks like neither is being drafted as a #1 D...even in a 16 team league. I think you can easily get one of those D's back in the draft (and yes, TB D was listed ahead of WAS D on all the rankings/ADP's that I looked at), and you might be able to get a better D in the draft. Good luck! ;-D

I have to agree with FnJ on this one.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby PMoneyTKE » Tue May 07, 2013 5:27 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:

My lineup-
Flacco, Dalton
Justin Tucker
Redskins, Tampa Bay

;-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun May 12, 2013 9:36 am

Thanks for the comments guys. I hadn't really thought about dropping both D's, but that may be worth it. About half of the league will keep a D, and I'm usually in that group. I just like having a complete lineup to start the draft, but will have to give this some deep consideration.

Thanks again!

~Gibbs
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions