Hernandez or Gonzalez? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Hernandez or Gonzalez?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Do you draft Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta or Aaron Hernandez, New England or someone else?

Tony Gonzalez, TE, Atlanta
No votes
Aaron Hernandez, TE, New England
100%
Someone else
No votes

Total votes : 6

Hernandez or Gonzalez?

Postby Jason Culley » Tue May 07, 2013 4:16 pm

Trying to solve a friendly debate with a fellow fantasy league friend.

If you are drafting a team for a non-keeper, non-dynasty league and your next pick you are selecting a Tight End do you draft Aaron Hernandez, New England or do you draft Tony Gonzalez, Atlanta or someone else? Assuming Rob Gronkowski and Jimmy Graham have already been selected.
Jason Culley
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hernandez or Gonzalez?

Postby murphysxm » Tue May 07, 2013 7:20 pm

I am not as optimistic on Amendola taking over all of Welker's touches. Hernandez is going to be a WR this year in that offense. Plus when in doubt, I don't draft the 36 year old
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Sex Panther » Wed May 08, 2013 3:25 pm

murphysxm wrote:I am not as optimistic on Amendola taking over all of Welker's touches. Hernandez is going to be a WR this year in that offense. Plus when in doubt, I don't draft the 36 year old

Agree, all Hernandez has to do is stay healthy (which he has been unable to do) & he'll put up insane numbers.

Gonzo is arguably the best TE of all time, but as said he's 36.

The one thing that may sway this argument (IMO) this summer is where they are being drafted...

Gonzo in the 7th or 8th vs Hernandez in the 4th or 5th... then, I'd probably take old reliable rather than Hernandez
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu May 09, 2013 12:35 am

Sex Panther wrote:Gonzo in the 7th or 8th vs Hernandez in the 4th or 5th... then, I'd probably take old reliable rather than Hernandez

Ill take Gonzo in the 8th. Even with Gonzalez tail off last year he knows how to get open and scores plenty of TD's. He is in an offense that scores alot through the air

I had Hernandez last year. He looked great on my bench while hurt causing me to use Martellus Bennett most weeks. I dont have the confidence in him to stay healthy. On top of that there are always so many guys to throw to in NE

If I had to choose straight up I would probably just take Hernandez and shake my head at the mistake im about to make. But I would rather take the value
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Football Talk