How Early will You Draft a QB? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

How Early will You Draft a QB?

Moderator: Football Moderators

How Early will You Draft a QB?

Postby Mr.Joshua » Wed May 08, 2013 2:53 pm

RGIII questions aside....would you really have a problem taking a Wilson, Luck, Romo, Eli as the 12th qb as you solidify the other skill positions early? I won't - you?
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 231)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: How Early will You Draft a QB?

Postby Sex Panther » Wed May 08, 2013 3:36 pm

Really depends, I have never been one to target a QB early, and the position appears to be incredibly deep...

Rodgers, Brees, Brady, Peyton, Ryan, Stafford, Newton, Luck, Romo, RG3, Wilson, Kapernick... etc

I think there are only a handful of guys that are pretty much a lock to put up top 5 QB production, but you can go about 20 deep and make an argument for top 10 if that makes sense.

I'm vey curious to see how many QB's are 1st or 2nd rounders this year... IMO, it shouldn't be more than 1 or 2 - and I highly doubt that actually happens.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby wtr23 » Wed May 08, 2013 5:06 pm

In the mock drafts the top QBs seem to be Rodgers, Brees, and either Brady or Manning as the third off the board. Your Cam Newtons, Luck, Wilson, etc easily fall to the 5th and 6th rounds, while the top 3-4 tend to go mid 2nd/ early 3rd. If one of the top QBs falls to me I may take him, if not you can solidify your core in the first 4 or 5 rounds (2 RB1 & 2 WR1) then still snag a top 10 QB. I've even seen Luck, Wilson, and RGIII go as late as round 8 this year in some mocks, with Eli going in the 9th or 10th. That gives you plenty of opportunities to stockpile those backs and receivers.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)

Postby murphysxm » Wed May 08, 2013 7:18 pm

I may draft my DST before I take a QB. Crazy depth and tons of guys I have lumped together, I would rather take the last QB in that tier than one of the first
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu May 09, 2013 3:45 am

murphysxm wrote:I may draft my DST before I take a QB. Crazy depth and tons of guys I have lumped together, I would rather take the last QB in that tier than one of the first

With so many good QB1's to choose from, I'll definitely be waiting to draft a QB this year, but I'll never draft my DST before any of my starters & several backups at most (if not all) positions.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby murphysxm » Thu May 09, 2013 8:38 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:With so many good QB1's to choose from, I'll definitely be waiting to draft a QB this year, but I'll never draft my DST before any of my starters & several backups at most (if not all) positions.

I will work harder on making sure my sarcasm is obvious next time ;-) This was meant to be tongue in cheek. Defenses and kickers stink......
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Postby Indibuck » Thu May 09, 2013 10:05 am

Yeah, I think this is the year that you can wait on a QB and load up at RB and WR.

That being said, I go into my redrafts with a top-50 and generally take best available player until they are gone. Now obviously, I wouldn't double up at QB or TE so early...but I will grab a QB earlier than others if I believe there is much better value there than at RB or WR.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu May 09, 2013 1:54 pm

murphysxm wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:With so many good QB1's to choose from, I'll definitely be waiting to draft a QB this year, but I'll never draft my DST before any of my starters & several backups at most (if not all) positions.

I will work harder on making sure my sarcasm is obvious next time ;-) This was meant to be tongue in cheek. Defenses and kickers stink......

Doh! :-b Sorry man! :-/

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Cowboyography » Fri May 17, 2013 8:42 pm

I think this year QB is deep, lots of options, let the big guys fall and load up on RB, after round 4 or 5 the RB's are so thin, I am thinking taking three RB's in the first 4 rounds, possibly first three pics even!
The Cowboy
Cowboyography
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mycuccismells » Fri May 31, 2013 10:24 am

murphysxm wrote:I may draft my DST before I take a QB. Crazy depth and tons of guys I have lumped together, I would rather take the last QB in that tier than one of the first

What he said right here, its all about getting the last guy in a given tier. If i can get Cam in round 4 or later I'm probably grabbing him, i think he is at the back end of that 1st tier but can easily finish as a top 3 QB. If Brady/Brees/Rodgers/Manning/Cam are all drafted before late round 4 then Im probably waiting until around the 9th round or so and being happy to fall into a Romo like player
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions