WR help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

WR help

Moderator: Football Moderators

WR help

Postby wtr23 » Thu May 09, 2013 9:44 pm

Before we get too far along... .5 PPR, 1pt/15 rec yds, 1/10 rush, 6 pt TDs.

Going into the draft I was a weaker at RB and lacked depth at WR. I made sure I drafted the top RB available (Ball) in the first round, while taking Zac Stacy in the 4th as a handcuff (D-rich owner). After the draft I also snagged Chris Ivory in the free agency period, hoping he goes off. Now my concern is at WR. In the rookie draft I targeted mostly RB and DB, so now that the draft is over I'm wondering if I should make a move.

Here's my group of WR:
1. Brandon Marshall
2. Demaryius Thomas
3. James Jones
4. Lance Moore
5. Brian Quick
6. Mohamed Sanu

Now obviously I'm not in that bad of a position, having 2 top 10, I'd even say top 5, receivers leading the charge with Jones the TD king as my third option and Lance Moore in at WR4. I'm still unsure of Quick's workload with the addition of Austin and Bailey in the draft, and Sanu showed flashes of brilliance last season but injuries kept me from getting a good read on him. I feel like I just need one more solid receiver to really feel confident in my offense. I've tried shopping my low end receivers out, either paired together 2 for 1 or with draft picks, but I've seen little interest at this time.

So now I'm wondering: maybe its time to check out free agency, or possibly take a rookie left over from the rookie draft. Here's the players that I've considered adding:

rookies
Quinton Patton - SF (drafted, cut)
Ryan Swope - ARI (undrafted)
Stedman Bailey - STL (undrafted)
Chris Harper - SEA (undrafted)
Aaron Mellette - BAL (undrafted)

Vets
Brandon Lloyd - FA (drafted, cut)
Nate Washington - TEN (undrafted)
Julian Edelman - NE (undrafted)
Santana Moss - WAS (undrafted)

We can start up to 5 WR each week, so I feel like I need another solid pick to round out my group. Do you take one of these guys I've listed, or should I stay stay put for now?
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: WR help

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu May 09, 2013 11:24 pm

Is dropping a player from another position who is lesser than what you have a possibility?

All of your WR's are starters so its hard to take a chance on a rookie you don't know will start. That leaves the vets. The best vet available is Lloyd but NE distributes the ball around to a lot of people. Santana Moss is getting real old and although he is decent im not sure he gets you the stats you want. If you did drop someone i would drop Sanu or Quick. And I would probably take Lloyd

You might consider staying put for a bit to let things shake out. Once you start to know more about how things are playing out you might offer up some trades again to upgrade. Or who knows some of these guys might unseat some vets and become more valuable.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions