Draft Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to 2013 Cafe Mock Draft

Draft Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby duffoholic » Fri May 17, 2013 6:48 pm

THEOT wrote:MJD at 3.07, a boom or bust pick for sure. But if he's healthy, he'll get the carries and I think its an incredible value. If healthy he's got a couple years left in he tank I'd think. Being this isn't PPR, I like guys that are mostly going to tote the rock.

Yeah, I was actually torn on MJD, SJax and Forte for my round 2 pick. I'm not sure how I feel about my selection of Forte... I am pretty stoked to get the best TE in football in the third though (assuming this 4th surgery goes well... sigh).
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 425)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Devil Doc » Fri May 17, 2013 6:58 pm

duffoholic wrote:
THEOT wrote:MJD at 3.07, a boom or bust pick for sure. But if he's healthy, he'll get the carries and I think its an incredible value. If healthy he's got a couple years left in he tank I'd think. Being this isn't PPR, I like guys that are mostly going to tote the rock.

Yeah, I was actually torn on MJD, SJax and Forte for my round 2 pick. I'm not sure how I feel about my selection of Forte... I am pretty stoked to get the best TE in football in the third though (assuming this 4th surgery goes well... sigh).

You didn't get Graham :)
Thanks to Franchise Fan for this kick ass sig!

Devil Doc
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 95)

Postby Indibuck » Fri May 17, 2013 7:14 pm

Don't exactly love Murray, but I felt I had to take him there because 1. I feel there is a significant drop off at RB after him and 2. Stevoo doesn't have a RB yet... I would expect him to take at least one at his 3.12/4.01 turn... sorry bud. :-)
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby cordscords » Fri May 17, 2013 7:22 pm

Indibuck wrote:Don't exactly love Murray, but I felt I had to take him there because 1. I feel there is a significant drop off at RB after him and 2. Stevoo doesn't have a RB yet... I would expect him to take at least one at his 3.12/4.01 turn... sorry bud. :-)

Same boat. I was torn between McFadden and Murray at the position, and felt I had to take one since you needed 1 and Stevoo needed 2 before there was a tier dropoff.

Hell I was considering Jackson/MJD/Ridley/McFadden/Murray when I took Chris Johnson too. Have them all tightly ranked at the moment.
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wtr23 » Fri May 17, 2013 8:15 pm

Debated DMC for a bit myself, but as my sig below illustrates he's a headache to own. His injury history no longer makes it worth going for him in the first 2 rounds... If it was PPR I might have given him a look in the third. The kid has talent, and OAK is reverting back to the PB scheme, but I can't talk myself into pulling the trigger. He's in a similar spot as MJD and a 2012 Adrian Peterson as far as rolling the dice. He's really gonna have to go off this year if he wants to be taken seriously. Another major injury and he will find himself on a new team as a back up.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 237)

Postby Stevooo » Fri May 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Indibuck wrote:Don't exactly love Murray, but I felt I had to take him there because 1. I feel there is a significant drop off at RB after him and 2. Stevoo doesn't have a RB yet... I would expect him to take at least one at his 3.12/4.01 turn... sorry bud. :-)

Would have loved to scoop him up, so I went in a different direction instead. We will see how this works out :/
I drink because of the 1998 NFC championship game.

12 team big $$$ non PPR league - QB RB RB WR WR TE D K

QB: Rivers
RB: Murray, Matthews, R.Bush, D. Brown
WR: Julio Jones, Colston, VJax, Garcon
TE: Witten, Gresham
K: Kaeding
DST: SEA
Stevooo
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 23)

Postby cordscords » Fri May 17, 2013 9:39 pm

Stevooo wrote:

Would have loved to scoop him up, so I went in a different direction instead. We will see how this works out :/

Your hand was kind of forced. Might as well go with the BPA instead of reaching for a back.
cordscords
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Stelly » Sat May 18, 2013 6:23 am

duffoholic wrote:

I was debating between SJax and MJD for the round 3 pick. Tough choice, but went with SJax based on health and the offense he is in. He could pile up 12+ TDs in this offense.

I like the Forte pick. I have him slightly ahead of SJax and MJD. Younger, and focal point of the offense. SJax's age and wear and tear scares me a bit.

WR looks very deep this year. VJaz and Fitz going late third/early fourth prove that.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Norseman36 » Sat May 18, 2013 2:20 pm

Ah, I was hoping David Wilson would fall to 3.12.
Norseman36
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Norseman36 » Sat May 18, 2013 2:24 pm

I have to say, I hate having the #1 overall pick in this one. I don't really think AP is that much more of an upgrade over the top 10 RBs to justify waiting for another 24 picks to draft again. Maybe that's just me, though. I would have rather had #5 or #6.
Norseman36
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Cafe Mock Draft