Draft Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to 2013 Cafe Mock Draft

Draft Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Re: Draft Discussion

Postby THEOT » Sat May 18, 2013 3:37 pm

Norseman36 wrote:Ah, I was hoping David Wilson would fall to 3.12.


yeah with taking MJD I thought it was a good idea to take another RB and was surprised he fell to me.

Norseman36 wrote:I have to say, I hate having the #1 overall pick in this one. I don't really think AP is that much more of an upgrade over the top 10 RBs to justify waiting for another 24 picks to draft again. Maybe that's just me, though. I would have rather had #5 or #6.


I agree, I think this is a great year to pick 5, 6 or 7. I'm loving my spot so far.
THEOT
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2049
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 13 Aug 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby wtr23 » Sat May 18, 2013 10:54 pm

Yeah... I've done quite a few mock drafts this year and the 5,6,7 positions were generally the best teams I drafted. Seemed like everyone I wanted fell to me in those positions.
Image
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 909
(Past Year: 224)
Joined: 9 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football
Location: California

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby Indibuck » Sat May 18, 2013 11:04 pm

wtr23 wrote:Yeah... I've done quite a few mock drafts this year and the 5,6,7 positions were generally the best teams I drafted. Seemed like everyone I wanted fell to me in those positions.

I think anywhere in the back half of the draft is a good spot. I'm quite happy starting Morris/Marshall/Murray/Fitzgerald. Legit RB1 and RB2 with my 2nd rated WR and another fringe WR1 type in Fitz with the addition of the new QB in ARI.
Indibuck
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 4455
(Past Year: 157)
Joined: 8 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Fort Rain

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby duffoholic » Sun May 19, 2013 11:42 am

After years of only doing auction style drafting I had forgotten how infuriating the serpentine draft can be... You get your pick all planned out based on what you think will go ahead of you, always with a few options of course but one guy you'd really like to grab. As your pick gets closer the options narrow and it begins to look like you might actually get the guy you want! Then, just as your hopes are highest, with only one more pick before yours... BLAM! Jordy Nelson taken at 4.07. Faaaaak. Hahaha.

For those who have never felt the true liberation of an auction, I highly endorse that style of drafting. It gives every team a shot at every player and adds some seriously fun new elements into the mix.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
Posts: 827
(Past Year: 421)
Joined: 12 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby Stelly » Sun May 19, 2013 12:42 pm

duffoholic wrote:After years of only doing auction style drafting I had forgotten how infuriating the serpentine draft can be... You get your pick all planned out based on what you think will go ahead of you, always with a few options of course but one guy you'd really like to grab. As your pick gets closer the options narrow and it begins to look like you might actually get the guy you want! Then, just as your hopes are highest, with only one more pick before yours... BLAM! Jordy Nelson taken at 4.07. Faaaaak. Hahaha.

For those who have never felt the true liberation of an auction, I highly endorse that style of drafting. It gives every team a shot at every player and adds some seriously fun new elements into the mix.


Like what you just did to me with Colston?!?! Haha.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1271
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 15 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby duffoholic » Sun May 19, 2013 12:51 pm

Stelly wrote:
duffoholic wrote:After years of only doing auction style drafting I had forgotten how infuriating the serpentine draft can be... You get your pick all planned out based on what you think will go ahead of you, always with a few options of course but one guy you'd really like to grab. As your pick gets closer the options narrow and it begins to look like you might actually get the guy you want! Then, just as your hopes are highest, with only one more pick before yours... BLAM! Jordy Nelson taken at 4.07. Faaaaak. Hahaha.

For those who have never felt the true liberation of an auction, I highly endorse that style of drafting. It gives every team a shot at every player and adds some seriously fun new elements into the mix.


Like what you just did to me with Colston?!?! Haha.


Ha! EXACTLY!
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
Posts: 827
(Past Year: 421)
Joined: 12 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby Guru13 » Sun May 19, 2013 11:39 pm

Man I really wanted welker
Image
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 9206
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby duffoholic » Mon May 20, 2013 12:23 am

Guru13 wrote:Man I really wanted welker


I just can't see him duplicating the same success he saw in NE with Peyton. There are too many weapons there and the history of New England successes moving somewhere else where they fail to produce is too long.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
Posts: 827
(Past Year: 421)
Joined: 12 Sep 2012
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby Norseman36 » Mon May 20, 2013 2:17 am

Decker will be the touchdown hog, even with Welker. Don't get me wrong, Wes Welker is probably my favorite WR in the NFL, but Decker is just a better endzone target.
Norseman36
Water Boy
Water Boy

User avatar

Posts: 70
Joined: 31 Oct 2011
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Idaho

Re: Draft Discussion

Postby Stelly » Tue May 21, 2013 7:57 pm

Struggled with the Sproles pick. Tough decision between 3 players. Don't expect the other 2 to make it back to me in the 6th, but you never know.
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1271
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 15 Dec 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Pittsburgh, PA

PreviousNext

Return to 2013 Cafe Mock Draft

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:40 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact