Share some Fantasy Football Horror Stories - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Commissioner's Corner

Share some Fantasy Football Horror Stories

Moderator: Football Moderators

Share some Fantasy Football Horror Stories

Postby hillchief » Fri May 10, 2013 9:37 pm

Ok, so this is kind of a weird, but possibly interesting idea.

What I am looking for are horror stories from your fantasy football leagues of years past. Perhaps one guy had to be a douche and ruin the league. Maybe you had the most incompetent Commissioner from Hell imaginable. Maybe two assfaces made the worst trade and ruined everything.

Do you have anything along those lines, or maybe something totally different and original but just as detrimental to your season? Tell us about it... how did it happen, how could it have been avoided, how did the Commissioner handle it (and should s/he have handled it differently?) Were there any lingering effects on the league?

I'm trying to put together a compilation of the worst stories or the most frequent faux pas. This will be kind of a public service portion of a new Fantasy Sports blog.
hillchief
Monday Morning Quarterback


Posts: 2
Joined: 17 Jan 2011
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Share some Fantasy Football Horror Stories

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri May 10, 2013 10:06 pm

My 2 horror stories are:

my first year ever playing in 1996 my first pick in the draft was Ericht Rhett who just had 2 great seasons with TB. He held out for like 2 games longer than me dropping him then proceeded to help another team for the remainder of the year.

My second was last year. I was in the 2nd round of the playoffs and completely crushing my opponent by over 50 points. And all he had left was Seattle def. I jump on the plane to head home with a :-D . Get off the plane 3 hours later and see he beat me by .12. Yup that game against Arizona. Then of course I would have won the Super Bowl and he took a dump in his bed and slept in it for 3 days :-t
Image
Image
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Share some Fantasy Football Horror Stories

Postby Perfectibilist » Thu May 23, 2013 7:29 pm

Not sure if this counts, but I can tell you about something that I am currently experiencing in a league...

We are a 2nd year dynasty league with who I believe to be a somewhat inexperienced LM, at least on FF. So we had some first-year fallout of people that don't take dynasty seriously, and added 3 new owners. We have rosters of 30, rookie draft of 5 rounds, and then cut to 25 before the season starts. May 15th at 2:17 AM was what should have been the final pick of the draft, 5.12. These new owners, however, thought it would be really cute to roster-dump right before the draft to get extra picks. As of right now, May 23rd 6:25 PM we are still drafting, currently in the 13th round. These 3 remaining drafting owners are taking as much of their 24 hour clock as possible, and drafting all the rookie minicamp standouts, and backups to injured players, etc. which the other 9 owners are completely held hostage without being about to make a roster move for over 9 days...

I've talked to the LM, he understands his mistake and vows to never let it happen again. He has, however, allowed it to continue on into absurdity. I hate it when people quit leagues on a whim though, so I am giving it a little more time to see if things run more smoothly...
Image
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 662
Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Denver

Re: Share some Fantasy Football Horror Stories

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu May 23, 2013 10:28 pm

Perfectibilist wrote:Not sure if this counts, but I can tell you about something that I am currently experiencing in a league...

We are a 2nd year dynasty league with who I believe to be a somewhat inexperienced LM, at least on FF. So we had some first-year fallout of people that don't take dynasty seriously, and added 3 new owners. We have rosters of 30, rookie draft of 5 rounds, and then cut to 25 before the season starts. May 15th at 2:17 AM was what should have been the final pick of the draft, 5.12. These new owners, however, thought it would be really cute to roster-dump right before the draft to get extra picks. As of right now, May 23rd 6:25 PM we are still drafting, currently in the 13th round. These 3 remaining drafting owners are taking as much of their 24 hour clock as possible, and drafting all the rookie minicamp standouts, and backups to injured players, etc. which the other 9 owners are completely held hostage without being about to make a roster move for over 9 days...

I've talked to the LM, he understands his mistake and vows to never let it happen again. He has, however, allowed it to continue on into absurdity. I hate it when people quit leagues on a whim though, so I am giving it a little more time to see if things run more smoothly...


Why did the LM allow that to happen? Honestly, I'd quit the league if the LM didn't reverse EVERY move after pick 5.12. Rookie drafts and off season free agency should be separate...and those owners are cheating. What those 3 owners are doing just amazes me, but I think it's worse that the LM allowed and is allowing it to happen.
Image

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 17170
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 12 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: New York State Of Mind: 18-1

Re: Share some Fantasy Football Horror Stories

Postby tantrix1969 » Fri May 24, 2013 12:16 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Perfectibilist wrote:Not sure if this counts, but I can tell you about something that I am currently experiencing in a league...

We are a 2nd year dynasty league with who I believe to be a somewhat inexperienced LM, at least on FF. So we had some first-year fallout of people that don't take dynasty seriously, and added 3 new owners. We have rosters of 30, rookie draft of 5 rounds, and then cut to 25 before the season starts. May 15th at 2:17 AM was what should have been the final pick of the draft, 5.12. These new owners, however, thought it would be really cute to roster-dump right before the draft to get extra picks. As of right now, May 23rd 6:25 PM we are still drafting, currently in the 13th round. These 3 remaining drafting owners are taking as much of their 24 hour clock as possible, and drafting all the rookie minicamp standouts, and backups to injured players, etc. which the other 9 owners are completely held hostage without being about to make a roster move for over 9 days...

I've talked to the LM, he understands his mistake and vows to never let it happen again. He has, however, allowed it to continue on into absurdity. I hate it when people quit leagues on a whim though, so I am giving it a little more time to see if things run more smoothly...


Why did the LM allow that to happen? Honestly, I'd quit the league if the LM didn't reverse EVERY move after pick 5.12. Rookie drafts and off season free agency should be separate...and those owners are cheating. What those 3 owners are doing just amazes me, but I think it's worse that the LM allowed and is allowing it to happen.

Exactly. Commish should of put a stop to this immediately and I don't like giving up on a league either but the fact he is still letting it continue would be enough for me to quit as the odds are you will have even more headaches from this league in the future.
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Cafeholic
Posts: 1899
(Past Year: 92)
Joined: 13 Aug 2008
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Dallas

Re: Share some Fantasy Football Horror Stories

Postby Perfectibilist » Fri May 24, 2013 2:15 pm

tantrix1969 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Perfectibilist wrote:Not sure if this counts, but I can tell you about something that I am currently experiencing in a league...

We are a 2nd year dynasty league with who I believe to be a somewhat inexperienced LM, at least on FF. So we had some first-year fallout of people that don't take dynasty seriously, and added 3 new owners. We have rosters of 30, rookie draft of 5 rounds, and then cut to 25 before the season starts. May 15th at 2:17 AM was what should have been the final pick of the draft, 5.12. These new owners, however, thought it would be really cute to roster-dump right before the draft to get extra picks. As of right now, May 23rd 6:25 PM we are still drafting, currently in the 13th round. These 3 remaining drafting owners are taking as much of their 24 hour clock as possible, and drafting all the rookie minicamp standouts, and backups to injured players, etc. which the other 9 owners are completely held hostage without being about to make a roster move for over 9 days...

I've talked to the LM, he understands his mistake and vows to never let it happen again. He has, however, allowed it to continue on into absurdity. I hate it when people quit leagues on a whim though, so I am giving it a little more time to see if things run more smoothly...


Update: Well, the last pick of the draft hit his 24 hour mark so I emailed the commish and had him autopick our "Mr. Irrelevant" ( Lavelle Hawkins @ 13.3, for the record). The draft is officially over, 16 days after it began. I am really frustrated, but this was my very first dynasty team that I got to do the initial draft for. I have a really good team, and it's kinda "my baby" as silly as that may sound, so leaving is not easy. I'm kind of passively looking for a quality replacement owner that would be comfortable with the situation of a highly inexperienced LM, but I'm not walking out just yet.

Why did the LM allow that to happen? Honestly, I'd quit the league if the LM didn't reverse EVERY move after pick 5.12. Rookie drafts and off season free agency should be separate...and those owners are cheating. What those 3 owners are doing just amazes me, but I think it's worse that the LM allowed and is allowing it to happen.

Exactly. Commish should of put a stop to this immediately and I don't like giving up on a league either but the fact he is still letting it continue would be enough for me to quit as the odds are you will have even more headaches from this league in the future.
Image
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 662
Joined: 30 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Denver


Return to Commissioner's Corner

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 22:42 hours
(and 34 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact