D-baggery in your past Leagues... ??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

D-baggery in your past Leagues... ???

Moderator: Football Moderators

D-baggery in your past Leagues... ???

Postby hillchief » Fri May 10, 2013 9:39 pm

Ok, so this is kind of a weird, but possibly interesting idea.

What I am looking for are horror stories from your fantasy football leagues of years past. Perhaps one guy had to be a douche and ruin the league. Maybe you had the most incompetent Commissioner from Hell imaginable. Maybe two assfaces made the worst trade and ruined everything.

Do you have anything along those lines, or maybe something totally different and original but just as detrimental to your season? Tell us about it... how did it happen, how could it have been avoided, how did the Commissioner handle it (and should s/he have handled it differently?) Were there any lingering effects on the league?

I'm trying to put together a compilation of the worst stories or the most frequent faux pas. This will be kind of a public service portion of a new Fantasy Sports blog.
hillchief
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: D-baggery in your past Leagues... ???

Postby Sex Panther » Sat May 11, 2013 7:00 am

In 2010 I joined a $$ league start up w/ some guys my brother knows, played for the championship that year (and lost...), 2011 played for the championship (and lost). 2011, a trade of mine got veto'd by the commish because "it would make my team too good" as the only explanation. In 2012, the league actually expanded to 14 teams (from 12), but I wasn't extended an invitation because "I was too good at fantasy football"...

Last year in a league that has been around for 10 or 11 years, right before trade deadline, one of the original members decided to start player dumping... real bad player dumping (AP and Rodgers if memory serves), caused quite the uproar.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: D-baggery in your past Leagues... ???

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat May 11, 2013 11:25 am

I can recall in my main money league the commissioner doing something I couldnt believe. We had a league that started at the pizza place i delivered for in college. Back then we just did over all points not head to head.

Randy Moss's rookie season. Very late in the season we discovered that the commissioner had picked up Randy Moss in like week 10 and inserted him in his lineup all they way back in something like week 4 giving him tons of points he didnt get.

I secretly told the other managers and delivery guys before the tackle football game we were having that weekend. They all kept silent till we hit the field. Lets put it this way this former HS bragging football player couldnt make it to work the next day. I can recall 5-6 times where we could have tackled him but yelled "hold him up" so we could lay a shoulder into his gut, legs, etc. to hurt him worse.

Then we told him we knew what he did and we took his commish abilities away, kept his money, and kicked him out of the league.

:-D :-b
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Football Talk