Need 2 Owners. UNIQUE Leauge NONE like it NOWHERE - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Need 2 Owners. UNIQUE Leauge NONE like it NOWHERE

Moderator: Football Moderators

Need 2 Owners. UNIQUE Leauge NONE like it NOWHERE

Postby b87665432 » Sat May 11, 2013 6:29 pm

My leauge is very unique. I prefer owners who are fans of the teams they represent because the teams are made up from the actual rosters of the teams they own. There are 16 teams representing the AFC North and East and the NFC North and East. My team is the Dolphins so all my players are Dolphin players. The concept is simple. It is based on how the fantasy team would actully do on a game day. I always was curious about how my team would do each week competing against the actual team they played. Would my team in fantasy won if the the real team won? Below I will post a detailed info description about the leauge. It's a free league and very low maintenance. I have two current opening, one for the Redskins and one for the Packers. I will accept an owner that is not a diehard fan of that team but would join in hopes to evently get their favorite team, but i prefer an owner that is a fan of that team. If interested email me at mikew72714@cox.net and I will send you an invite. Read the info below and let me know, thnx.

Each team is composed of only the players from the owners team (I prefer to have owners have their favorite team but not always possible.)
My concept began based on my love for real NFL games and fantasy football. My team is the Dolphins and I always Wondered say when Miami was playing the Jets, how closely they would actually match the real outcome. If they won in real life Would my fantasy players beat the Jets fantasy players. Thus enhancing the real NFL experience. MY initial involvement in fantasy
Football was to expand my interest in other NFL games. Once the Miami game was over, I just watched the other games but with no real Interest one way or the other., But with FF having various players on my fantasy team gave me interest in other games, making watching
The NFL games more fun. Then as I said earlier, I wondered how my Dolphins would do compared to real games. So I began building the league With some concessions to rosters. Two things always bugged me about the way fantasy football sights were run that didn’t reflect what was happening On the field or game. For instance, when a player was injured in a game lots of time that had an immediate and dramatic impact (usually a loss) to that Fantasy game BUT not always to the real NFL game. In the real NFL game they sent in the back up. Take when Brady went down in the first Quarter of the first game in 08. It is highly likely that the owner that had Brady on his fantasy team, he lost that game. There is no provision to Get a back up in to fill that vacant spot. Same thing that bugged me about RBs ., You hear all the experts say, (like in San Diego a few years ago) Well if you Draft LT you should draft Sproles as a hand cuff to LT incase of injury. BUT you couldn’t put Sproles in the line up if LT went down during the game. Yes you could in cases where a roster allows 2 RBs put both in but in reality NO one puts in the starter and back up. They put in two starters. The same with RBBC teams in the NFL. Miami with Ricky and Ronnie…how many teams draft both, few I bet. So my concept was in the roster (which is made up of all Dolphins or all Steelers, etc) the roster will have two RB spots, for the situations a real NFL teams has a true RBBC that fantasy team now gets the benefit of the full running game of that tream. It is also insurance incase where teams (like St. Louis) who has one cow bell RB and he gets injured, with his back up on the roster you don’t lose points when the main RB gets injured. Make sense? It more reflects the actual game situation therefore “if its in the the game, its in the game”. Also I wanted to have the defenses reflect more of what the real team Ds were doing. So my roster has mandatory 3 starters of CB, LB, DL. With two Flex postions for each. That way if you wanted to run a 3-4 defense like your team does you can OR if your real NFL team runs
A 4-3 defense, you can. Take some times when New England runs 3 DLs and 5 LBs you can do that. Therefore you control the defensive scheme More like in the real NFL. Also the D is more likely to be the critical factor in winning or losing a game because of the set up of which players you start.
I know they change players a lot during the game depending on game situations, so the real strategy is to determine defensively who is the best combinations for play on your D roster.
Also, I hate it when trades are made on FF teams and you get a team or two in a league where they are “Stacked” teams either through trades or even trades involving draft picks, some teams just dominate. So in my league, your team is your team players no trades no drafts….the players that are drafted In april in the NFL are your draft pics.. Players that are cut from the NFL team must be cut from your team. ETC with free agency pick ups in the NFL.
Like this week. The Cincy owner now has RB Benson, QB Palmer, and WRs OWENS and Ochocinco…imagine…
Finally I work the schedule to try to closely reflect the real NFL schedule, especially divisional rival games. Some can’t always be done and say Dallas Plays New Orleans, in this league it may not happen due to other scheduling factors to try to make the games more like the real NFL schedule.
So now when Cincy plays Pitt, it will be more exciting for BOTH those owners
Sorry I didn’t mean to get long winded on you about this but as you can tell, I’m very passionate about this concept and the league. I am so hoping one day we can have a full 32 team league so I can get as much of the NFL experience into my league so it closely reflects the experience as you follow it weekly and into the play offs..
Thnx
Mike
Any questions let me know.
b87665432
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Return to Classifieds