Problem With Fleaflicker & MFL & Our Starters - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

Problem With Fleaflicker & MFL & Our Starters

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Problem With Fleaflicker & MFL & Our Starters

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 11, 2013 7:12 pm

Hey everyone! I found out why I couldn't update fleaflicker with our new IDP starting requirements. Here's our old starting requirements:

QB, QB/RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, K, DL, DL/LB, LB, LB/DB, DB

And here's our new starting requirements:

QB, QB/RB, RB, RB/WR, WR, WR/TE, TE, K, DL, DT, DL/LB, DL/LB/DB, DL/LB/DB, LB/DB, CB, DB

With our old starting requirements, we had 5 flex positions. With our new starting requirements, we have 7 flex positions. The problem is that for some reason, fleaflicker only allows 5 flex positions. My first thought was that I was going to just move the league to MFL, but that brings up an even worse problem. MFL would be able to support out starting requirements, but they don't allow you to make flex positions like QB/RB, RB/WR, etc. To support our offensive starting requirements on MFL, I would need to set the starting QB's at minimum 1 & max 2, starting RB's at minimum 1 & max 3, starting WR's at minimum 1 & max 3, and starting TE's at minimum 1 & max 2.

The problem by doing it that way is that we open ourselves up to possible illegal lineups. For example, if an owner starts 2 QB's, then he can only start 1 or 2 RB's. With MFL's system, it would allow an owner to start 2 QB's & 3 RB's. So unfortunately, it looks like we can't move the league to MFL.

The only way I see around this on fleaflicker is if we change both DL/LB/DB's to LB's. This way we still have the 5 flex positions (max on flea), and although it sucks that we can't seem to get what we voted on to work on either fleaflicker or MFL, I think most owners will be starting at least 2 LB's anyway. So until fleaflicker separates the DB's into CB's & S's, and the DL's into DT's & DE's, I can set our IDP starting requirements on flea to:

DL, DL, DL/LB, LB, LB, LB/DB, DB, DB

Then if worst comes to worst, and flea doesn't separate the DB's & DL's, we can leave the starting requirements as listed above...and it would be up to each owner to make sure that they are starting 1 CB & 1 DT each week.

If an owner sets their lineup without at least 1 CB & 1DT, I could make the adjustment (after the fact) by adding the top scoring CB and/or DT to their lineup and removing the lowest scoring S and/or DE from their lineup (going by average fantasy points per game). And I guess the owner would have to take a zero if they didn't have a CB and/or DT on their roster for me to add in, because I'd still have to remove the lowest scoring S and/or DE from their lineup.

I know that's not ideal, and hopefully flea separates the DB's & DL's like they said they would, but I can't think of any other options. Sorry if this is confusing. Thoughts?

PS: I ran this by dream before posting, and he agreed that making the 2 DL/LB/DB's into 2 LB's would be the best solution.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Problem With Fleaflicker & MFL & Our Starters

Postby bungle613 » Sat May 11, 2013 7:56 pm

Whatever you and dream agree to is fine with me.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thriftyrocker » Sat May 11, 2013 8:04 pm

How will we determine who is a CB and who is a DT? I think there's going to be ambiguous players who should gain/lose DT or CB eligibility. Just reference MFL when entering a lineup in Flea?

How important is it to have the dedicated CB and DT spot? I'm fine with whatever, just asking the question since keeping everything automated will make things a little more straightforward and a lot easier for you guys.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat May 11, 2013 8:15 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:How will we determine who is a CB and who is a DT? I think there's going to be ambiguous players who should gain/lose DT or CB eligibility. Just reference MFL when entering a lineup in Flea?

How important is it to have the dedicated CB and DT spot? I'm fine with whatever, just asking the question since keeping everything automated will make things a little more straightforward and a lot easier for you guys.

I was a no vote to having CB and DT and I'd also worried about the ambiguity. I'd rather not have to start a DT/CB if the website we uses doesn't distinguish the players. I'm fine with switching to 2 LB starting positions because of the 5 flex issue.
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 11, 2013 8:19 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:How will we determine who is a CB and who is a DT? I think there's going to be ambiguous players who should gain/lose DT or CB eligibility. Just reference MFL when entering a lineup in Flea?

Obviously we're hoping that fleaflicker separates them (DL's & DB's) like they said they would, so then the last part about it being up to each owner to start a CB & DT won't be an issue. But if fleaflicker doesn't separate them, and we decide to continue with this "last resort" plan with the CB's and DT's, then I think the best thing to do would be to pick 1 site (MFL or maybe nfl.com) and go by whatever that says the player is (DT, DE, etc.).

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sat May 11, 2013 8:29 pm

My vote goes to whatever is easiest for FNJ and dream. I'm hoping to stay with flea. I may be the only person who doesn't like MFL. I mean its an ok site, but to me it's way overrated. Commish(s) make the call and I will be right with you.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 11, 2013 8:32 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:

I was a no vote to having CB and DT and I'd also worried about the ambiguity. I'd rather not have to start a DT/CB if the website we uses doesn't distinguish the players. I'm fine with switching to 2 LB starting positions because of the 5 flex issue.

I see your point. If flea doesn't separate the DL's & DB's, it would definitely be easier for everyone to not have to start a DT/CB. The only negative I see with changing that now is that some owners planned ahead and picked up a CB and/or DT at the end of last season....knowing that we'd have to start at least 1 this year. Let's keep the discussion going, and we'll only put up polls if we have to.

Right now we have 2 questions:

Since flea only allows 5 flex positions, are you fine with changing our 2 DL/LB/DB's to 2 LB's?

And if flea doesn't separate the DL's & DB's like they said they would, should we leave it up to each owner to start at least 1 CB & 1 DT? Or should we scrap that until flea separates those positions?

Assuming everyone is OK with the 1st question, and then let's say we decide to scrap the CB/DT thing until flea separates those positions, our starting IDP requirements would be:

2 DL, DL/LB, 2 LB, LB/DB, 2DB

And if flea does separate those positions, our IDP starting requirements would be:

DL, DT, DL/LB, 2 LB, LB/DB, CB, DB

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 11, 2013 8:36 pm

Forgot to add that I'm fine with changing our 2 DL/LB/DB's to 2 LB's. And to make things easier for everyone, I'm voting that we scrap the CB/DT thing IF flea doesn't separate the DL's & DB's. ;-D

I love the idea of having to start at least 1 CB & 1 DT, but only if flea separates those 2 positions. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby mutantseabass » Sat May 11, 2013 8:40 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Forgot to add that I'm fine with changing our 2 DL/LB/DB's to 2 LB's. And to make things easier for everyone, I'm voting that we scrap the CB/DT thing IF flea doesn't separate the DL's & DB's. ;-D

I love the idea of having to start at least 1 CB & 1 DT, but only if flea separates those 2 positions. ;-D

You had said Flea told you June is when they will roll out the site changes?

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 11, 2013 8:46 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:Forgot to add that I'm fine with changing our 2 DL/LB/DB's to 2 LB's. And to make things easier for everyone, I'm voting that we scrap the CB/DT thing IF flea doesn't separate the DL's & DB's. ;-D

You had said Flea told you June is when they will roll out the site changes?

Yeah, that was one reply...they said it should be changed around May/June. Here's the thread that thrifty & I posted in (you have to scroll down a bit):

http://www.fleaflicker.com/topic?forums ... htId=96045

And then here's another link that discusses it:

http://www.fleaflicker.com/topic?forumI ... icId=23167

flotsamnjetsam

Next

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League