Problem With Fleaflicker & MFL & Our Starters - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

Problem With Fleaflicker & MFL & Our Starters

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Re: Problem With Fleaflicker & MFL & Our Starters

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 11, 2013 8:51 pm

What makes me nervous is that last year one of the flea admins said it would definitely be changed for 2013. Then this year one of them said it should be done by May/June. Then another said it should be done by the summer and that everyone at flea wants the change, but the last sentence is "hopefully it will be feasible".

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:13 pm

My opinions a little screwed because I didn't see it as important to have a CB and DT added to the roster in the first place. Assuming that is was important because it was put to a vote and passed I'm fine looking at a different site to determine eligibility I would just hate for it to have an impact on a game when no cheating for intended.

I'd be very nervous using NFL.com as a resource. Maybe this is unrealistic and they don't change positions very often on the site but isn't it theoretically possible that player A could show up as a DT on Friday and a DE on Monday the next week? At least on a fantasy football website I assume they would only add eligibility not take it away but it is also possibly a concern.
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat May 11, 2013 9:20 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:If an owner sets their lineup without at least 1 CB & 1DT, I could make the adjustment (after the fact) by adding the top scoring CB and/or DT to their lineup and removing the lowest scoring S and/or DE from their lineup (going by average fantasy points per game). And I guess the owner would have to take a zero if they didn't have a CB and/or DT on their roster for me to add in, because I'd still have to remove the lowest scoring S and/or DE from their lineup.

Also using this approach wouldn't it almost be beneficial to post an illegal lineup (not that anybody would)? You would get your lowest S or DE removed from your score when you may have removed your higher scoring S or DE if you were forced to chose at the time the lineup was set. Just another item to consider.
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 11, 2013 9:27 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:My opinions a little screwed because I didn't see it as important to have a CB and DT added to the roster in the first place. Assuming that is was important because it was put to a vote and passed I'm fine looking at a different site to determine eligibility I would just hate for it to have an impact on a game when no cheating for intended.

I'd be very nervous using NFL.com as a resource. Maybe this is unrealistic and they don't change positions very often on the site but isn't it theoretically possible that player A could show up as a DT on Friday and a DE on Monday the next week? At least on a fantasy football website I assume they would only add eligibility not take it away but it is also possibly a concern.

Agreed. Your points (and thrifty's) are the reason why I changed my mind:

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Forgot to add that I'm fine with changing our 2 DL/LB/DB's to 2 LB's. And to make things easier for everyone, I'm voting that we scrap the CB/DT thing IF flea doesn't separate the DL's & DB's. ;-D

I love the idea of having to start at least 1 CB & 1 DT, but only if flea separates those 2 positions. ;-D

And it isn't really "important" that we start a CB & a DT. It was just something that dream & I both thought would be cool (when we were discussing changes to our IDP starters last year). Also, good point about nfl.com. If flea doesn't separate those positions, and we still go with the CB/DT thing, we should probably use MFL as the site to determine what position each player is.

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat May 11, 2013 9:46 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:If an owner sets their lineup without at least 1 CB & 1DT, I could make the adjustment (after the fact) by adding the top scoring CB and/or DT to their lineup and removing the lowest scoring S and/or DE from their lineup (going by average fantasy points per game). And I guess the owner would have to take a zero if they didn't have a CB and/or DT on their roster for me to add in, because I'd still have to remove the lowest scoring S and/or DE from their lineup.

Also using this approach wouldn't it almost be beneficial to post an illegal lineup (not that anybody would)? You would get your lowest S or DE removed from your score when you may have removed your higher scoring S or DE if you were forced to chose at the time the lineup was set. Just another item to consider.

Another great point, and just another reason why I think we should scrap the CB/DT thing IF flea doesn't separate those positions. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby bungle613 » Tue May 21, 2013 1:30 pm

Just for the record, I am against converting the CB and DT into a generic DB and DL position. As flots mentioned, some of us planned ahead and got our rosters set for the DT and CB change.

My vote would be that IF flea is not able to change the designations that the entire thing gets scrapped for a year and we stick with what we have been playing.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby thriftyrocker » Tue May 21, 2013 1:41 pm

Either way adding the DT/CB was wasted effort. The fact that you wasted 2 spots is minor compared to the effort in improving IDP depth which some teams (cough) have tried to do. I have 11 LB now because I thought I'd be starting 4 and they'd become more valuable.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 21, 2013 1:43 pm

bungle613 wrote:Just for the record, I am against converting the CB and DT into a generic DB and DL position. As flots mentioned, some of us planned ahead and got our rosters set for the DT and CB change.

My vote would be that IF flea is not able to change the designations that the entire thing gets scrapped for a year and we stick with what we have been playing.

Noted. I did the same thing (picked up a DT & CB at the end of the year), but I'm OK with "converting the CB and DT into a generic DB and DL position" if flea doesn't separate the DL's and DB's. If for some reason flea doesn't separate those 2 positions, I don't think we should scrap the entire IDP starter expansion because both options (new & old) are "converting the CB and DT into a generic DB and DL position". Scrapping the entire thing would hurt those who have been stocking up on LB's since we can start 4 this year, and it would hurt those that planned ahead by grabbing a CB and DT last year. Converting the CB and DT into a generic DB and DL position in our new system only hurts those that planned ahead by grabbing a CB and DT last year.

Hopefully all this discussion is for nothing, meaning that hopefully flea separates the DL's and DB's, but if they don't...I think we should do what's easiest for everyone, and what hurts the least amount of owners.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 21, 2013 1:51 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:Either way adding the DT/CB was wasted effort. The fact that you wasted 2 spots is minor compared to the effort in improving IDP depth which some teams (cough) have tried to do. I have 11 LB now because I thought I'd be starting 4 and they'd become more valuable.

This is exactly why I think scrapping the whole thing shouldn't be an option. That would hurt a lot more owners. The other way only hurts those that planned ahead by grabbing a DT and CB last year. I'm one of those that planned ahead, and if for some reason flea doesn't separate those positions, my cuts will just be a little easier because I'll definitely cut the DT that I grabbed last year. I'll probably keep my CB only because he's most likely startable either way.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby bungle613 » Tue May 21, 2013 2:52 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:Either way adding the DT/CB was wasted effort. The fact that you wasted 2 spots is minor compared to the effort in improving IDP depth which some teams (cough) have tried to do. I have 11 LB now because I thought I'd be starting 4 and they'd become more valuable.

This is exactly why I think scrapping the whole thing shouldn't be an option. That would hurt a lot more owners. The other way only hurts those that planned ahead by grabbing a DT and CB last year. I'm one of those that planned ahead, and if for some reason flea doesn't separate those positions, my cuts will just be a little easier because I'll definitely cut the DT that I grabbed last year. I'll probably keep my CB only because he's most likely startable either way.

I guess and thrifty, the argument is the same. It can be mediocre lb's getting deemed useless or top end dt and CB...regardless, some players are getting screwed. My fault for not paying more attention, never thought it would be considered to make players essentially useless by grouping them in with a superior position.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League