Problem With Fleaflicker & MFL & Our Starters - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League

Problem With Fleaflicker & MFL & Our Starters

Moderators: flotsamnjetsam, dream_017, Football Moderators

Re: Problem With Fleaflicker & MFL & Our Starters

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 21, 2013 3:07 pm

bungle613 wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:
thriftyrocker wrote:Either way adding the DT/CB was wasted effort. The fact that you wasted 2 spots is minor compared to the effort in improving IDP depth which some teams (cough) have tried to do. I have 11 LB now because I thought I'd be starting 4 and they'd become more valuable.

This is exactly why I think scrapping the whole thing shouldn't be an option. That would hurt a lot more owners. The other way only hurts those that planned ahead by grabbing a DT and CB last year. I'm one of those that planned ahead, and if for some reason flea doesn't separate those positions, my cuts will just be a little easier because I'll definitely cut the DT that I grabbed last year. I'll probably keep my CB only because he's most likely startable either way.

I guess and thrifty, the argument is the same. It can be mediocre lb's getting deemed useless or top end dt and CB...regardless, some players are getting screwed. My fault for not paying more attention, never thought it would be considered to make players essentially useless by grouping them in with a superior position.

Yeah, believe me, I wish we had a better contingency plan (that didn't hurt any owner) if flea doesn't separate the DL's and DB's. But I think the following (that I posted on page 1) is the best/easiest idea that hurts the least amount of owners:

flotsamnjetsam wrote:Assuming everyone is OK with the 1st question (changing our 2 DL/LB/DB's to 2 LB's because flea doesn't allow more than 5 flex positions), and then let's say we decide to scrap the CB/DT thing until flea separates those positions, our starting IDP requirements would be:

2 DL, DL/LB, 2 LB, LB/DB, 2DB

And if flea does separate those positions, our IDP starting requirements would be:

DL, DT, DL/LB, 2 LB, LB/DB, CB, DB

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Tue May 21, 2013 3:18 pm

Whatever works best, though I would like to keep all my dynasty leagues on Flea.

Would also be nice to know the positions before I make my 6.05! :-? :-D
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby bungle613 » Tue May 21, 2013 3:25 pm

And for the record, my grumpiness is not directed at you fnj, just the situation.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 21, 2013 3:30 pm

stomperrob wrote:Whatever works best, though I would like to keep all my dynasty leagues on Flea.

I posted again in the thread on flea, asking if they had any new word on the subject. I'll post here when/if they reply. And you don't have to worry about us moving from flea. As I posted on page 1, my 1st thought was to move the league to MFL, but that opens up a whole new can of worms...so we're definitely staying on flea. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 21, 2013 3:34 pm

bungle613 wrote:And for the record, my grumpiness is not directed at you fnj, just the situation.

No problem man! I didn't take it that way at all. I'm also grumpy about the situation. Let's just hope that flea makes the changes like they said they would...and then the grumpiness will go away.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 21, 2013 4:50 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
stomperrob wrote:Whatever works best, though I would like to keep all my dynasty leagues on Flea.

I posted again in the thread on flea, asking if they had any new word on the subject. I'll post here when/if they reply. And you don't have to worry about us moving from flea. As I posted on page 1, my 1st thought was to move the league to MFL, but that opens up a whole new can of worms...so we're definitely staying on flea. ;-D

One of the flea admins responded. Unfortunately, there's still not a definite answer, but here's their response:

fleaadmin wrote:It is something we will address after our new build and redesign (which will be awesome on all mobile devices especially) is out -- which will be soon. Splitting up IDPs are still high on our radar and we hope to have it in 2013.

flotsamnjetsam

Postby stomperrob » Tue May 21, 2013 11:45 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
One of the flea admins responded. Unfortunately, there's still not a definite answer, but here's their response:

fleaadmin wrote:It is something we will address after our new build and redesign (which will be awesome on all mobile devices especially) is out -- which will be soon. Splitting up IDPs are still high on our radar and we hope to have it in 2013.

Nothin' like a definite maybe! ;-) :-b
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Previous

Return to Flex-Factor Dynasty League