My first trade of 2013, classic youth vs. win now. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

My first trade of 2013, classic youth vs. win now.

Moderator: Football Moderators

My first trade of 2013, classic youth vs. win now.

Postby Jason497 » Sat May 11, 2013 8:12 pm

I'm in a 12 team, 9 keeper PPR league. Starts a standard 1 QB, 2 RB, 3 WR, 1 TE, 1 K, 1 DEF

My team before the trade

QB: Colin Kaepernick, Eli Manning, Michael Vick, Carson Palmer
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Darren Mcfadden, Vick Ballard, Bernard Pierce, Mike Goodson, Knowshon Moreno
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Reggie Wayne, Vincent Jackson, Kendall Wright, Emmanuel Sanders, Stephen Hill
TE: Vernon Davis, Brandon Myers

I traded

QB Colin Kaepernick
QB Eli Manning
RB Bernard Pierce
WR Stephen Hill
TE Vernon Davis

for

QB Peyton Manning
RB Frank Gore
TE Jason Witten

I won't cry over losing Vernon and Eli, but Kaep hurts considering I'm a 49ers fan, but I felt like I improved my keepers too much this season to turn it down.

My new team

QB: Peyton Manning, Michael Vick, Carson Palmer
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Darren Mcfadden, Frank Gore, Vick Ballard, Mike Goodson, Knowshon Moreno
WR: Demaryius Thomas, Vincent Jackson, Reggie Wayne, Kendall Wright, Emmanuel Sanders
TE: Jason Witten, Brandon Myers

Right move?

I feel like possibly down the road trying to trade Peyton and a draft pick for a younger QB but right now my team should contend I feel.
Jason497
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: My first trade of 2013, classic youth vs. win now.

Postby duffoholic » Sun May 12, 2013 3:43 am

Your team is definitely starting to get a little long in the tooth... Mojo has some hard miles on him and all of your QB's have their best days in the rearview (though the other two aren't keepers). DMC is worth keeping but far from reliable as your young buck and Frank Gore is also pushing 30 years old. Thomas is a solid young stud but who knows what happens when Peyton leaves (see Indy two years ago).

Overall, while I see that you gained some right now talent in the upgrade with Gore I think you lose out in the long run as all three of the players you gained are getting on in age though Witten does seem to keep getting better and somehow stays healthy. I guess your team looks better this season but you need some serious young talent in the next couple years or you could be in big trouble!
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Sun May 12, 2013 9:33 am

Yep, you're definitely in the win now mode...

I'm assuming you got some draft picks in return? That would make me feel better about this trade. Otherwise, I hope you win this year, because you may have mortgaged the future for winning now.
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 415)

Postby Indibuck » Sun May 12, 2013 10:54 am

Gibbs Baby!!! wrote:Yep, you're definitely in the win now mode...

I'm assuming you got some draft picks in return? That would make me feel better about this trade. Otherwise, I hope you win this year, because you may have mortgaged the future for winning now.

I agree with this. This is likely a one-shot deal for you. Good luck.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions