Salary Cap/Dynasty League Suggestions??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Salary Cap/Dynasty League Suggestions???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Salary Cap/Dynasty League Suggestions???

Postby ThunderdomeChamp » Mon May 13, 2013 6:12 pm

Hey Guys,

New to the Forum. I've been running a pretty successful redraft league for 5 years now. I'm looking to step it up to a Salary Capped Dynasty league. Any suggestions as to what website to run the league off of? I've been looking and can't seem to find a site that allows for this.
ThunderdomeChamp
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Salary Cap/Dynasty League Suggestions???

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon May 13, 2013 7:04 pm

ThunderdomeChamp wrote:Hey Guys,

New to the Forum. I've been running a pretty successful redraft league for 5 years now. I'm looking to step it up to a Salary Capped Dynasty league. Any suggestions as to what website to run the league off of? I've been looking and can't seem to find a site that allows for this.

Welcome to the Cafe! This place has a lot of great info, so hopefully you'll stick around. ;-D

I'm the co-commish of a salary cap dynasty league here on the Cafe. Here's the link to our forum:

viewforum.php

We run the league on myfantasyleague.com (MFL). I'm sure there are others, but that's the only site that I know supports salary cap leagues. It is a pay site (between $69.95 & $89.95, depending on when you sign up...the price goes up as you get closer to the season), but it's well worth it IMO. We split the cost between the 12 owners, so it really doesn't cost that much per person. MFL has a lot of flexibility and options that just aren't available on most other sites. Also, they allow you to set up a "trial" league that doesn't have to be paid for until like week 4 of the regular season. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby Hags888 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:52 am

ThunderdomeChamp wrote:Hey Guys,

I'm not sure how much work you want to do yourself, or how many positions you want to use, but I'm in a salary cap dynasty league that uses a massive scoring system. It's an IDP league where we manage a full team of 53 players using the actual salary caps of all players. We have a guy that has a subscription to Pro Football Focus advanced stats, and he runs the league for us using Google Groups. We even get points for offensive lineman stats. It's pure insanity. Anyway, this probably isn't that helpful, but I thought I'd share anyway. Most of the pay sites don't have access to the level of stats we're using for this league, so the commish (who isn't even playing in the league...he's just facilitating it) does all the calculating manually.
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 5)

Postby ThunderdomeChamp » Thu May 30, 2013 6:42 pm

Thanks for the input, guys! That 53 man league is crazy, brother! I'll check out the website you provided and discuss it with league members.

Thanks again
ThunderdomeChamp
Monday Morning Quarterback

Return to Commissioner's Corner