2013 Draft chatter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Legion of Doom

2013 Draft chatter

Moderators: The_Captain, mutantseabass, Football Moderators

Re: 2013 Draft chatter

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu May 16, 2013 8:23 pm

mutantseabass wrote:Ive said it before and im sure I will again. I love the Zac Stacy pick. Nice grab Dolfin

On a side note. I would like to apologize in advance. I will not be around tomorrow to edit the players taken thread and will not be able to approve trades. Im sure Cap will have no problem approving the trades, I trust all of your judgements. I have never even had to consider any kind of Veto. Oh I trust Cap too :-b Its straight home from work and headed to a concert! ;-D

I'll be around, so I'll help Cappy update the players taken thread. Who you going to see in concert?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flux » Thu May 16, 2013 8:25 pm

Unforgivable... }:-)
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu May 16, 2013 8:42 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:Ive said it before and im sure I will again. I love the Zac Stacy pick. Nice grab Dolfin

On a side note. I would like to apologize in advance. I will not be around tomorrow to edit the players taken thread and will not be able to approve trades. Im sure Cap will have no problem approving the trades, I trust all of your judgements. I have never even had to consider any kind of Veto. Oh I trust Cap too :-b Its straight home from work and headed to a concert! ;-D

I'll be around, so I'll help Cappy update the players taken thread. Who you going to see in concert?

Me and the wifey are going to see Ghost. I'm pretty pumped, it's a small venue seats about 700. I love seeing shows at small venues! Plus I'm pretty stoked to see Ghost.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri May 17, 2013 3:27 pm

mutantseabass wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Me and the wifey are going to see Ghost. I'm pretty pumped, it's a small venue seats about 700. I love seeing shows at small venues! Plus I'm pretty stoked to see Ghost.

Hope you guys have fun! I never heard of them, but after a google search, sounds like my type of band! I totally agree about small venues. Nothing beats them. ;-D

On the draft, I was a little surprised to see the 2 QB's go before 1 guy that hasn't been picked yet. But then I looked at both of your rosters, and the picks make more sense. I'm not high on either QB, but good picks. ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri May 17, 2013 8:01 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:On the draft, I was a little surprised to see the 2 QB's go before 1 guy that hasn't been picked yet. But then I looked at both of your rosters, and the picks make more sense. I'm not high on either QB, but good picks. ;-D

logan wrote:2.06 Keenan Allen WR,SD

Allen was the "1 guy" I was talking about. Nice pick logan! ;-D

flotsamnjetsam

Postby Flux » Fri May 17, 2013 8:36 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:On the draft, I was a little surprised to see the 2 QB's go before 1 guy that hasn't been picked yet. But then I looked at both of your rosters, and the picks make more sense. I'm not high on either QB, but good picks. ;-D

At my pick I wanted Eifert if available, then best qb. An average qb is worth more to me than an avg wr without knowing the future. Either guy could go any direction in the pros but qb is a priority. Even if geno ends up as a decent bye week fill-in I'll be OK.

I do have plenty of rbs if anyone is looking to trade.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby SeaWolf » Fri May 17, 2013 9:19 pm

Flux wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

At my pick I wanted Eifert if available, then best qb. An average qb is worth more to me than an avg wr without knowing the future. Either guy could go any direction in the pros but qb is a priority. Even if geno ends up as a decent bye week fill-in I'll be OK.

I do have plenty of rbs if anyone is looking to trade.

Agree with Flux. Having a backup QB was more of a priority than anything else.
Sporting events are family events. If you can't watch your language for 3 hours then stay home.
SeaWolf
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicEagle EyeTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby mutantseabass » Sat May 18, 2013 6:56 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:
flotsamnjetsam wrote:

Hope you guys have fun! I never heard of them, but after a google search, sounds like my type of band! I totally agree about small venues. Nothing beats them. ;-D

On the draft, I was a little surprised to see the 2 QB's go before 1 guy that hasn't been picked yet. But then I looked at both of your rosters, and the picks make more sense. I'm not high on either QB, but good picks. ;-D

Ghost is like a mix of metal and 60s acid rock, with a dark satanic tone built in. The actual name of the band is Ghost B.C. But when they are in America is Ghost due to legal issues with another band I guess. They were incredible live, more of a visual band.

As far as the drafting of QBs go, nothing surprises me anymore. It's the Cam Newton effect, much like TEs going so high in recent years, everyone is chasing the next Graham or Gronk. I've learned over the years to just take "your guy" don't worry about what the so called experts think. Looking back on draft history they are wrong just as much as anyone else.

Some quality still going off the board in the late 2nd. While this draft may have no super elite prospects its a pretty deep draft in quality talent.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Tue May 21, 2013 8:35 pm

That's the 3rd time in my 4 rookie drafts that I picked Ellington (which means he'll be a huge bust :-b :-B :-o ). The only league I didn't get him in was a league where we draft college players for a farm team, and he was already picked in the farm draft a few years ago. In 2 leagues (including this one), I drafted him because I have R.Williams. In the other league I just needed RB help, and I thought he was the BPA when I picked him. I have 1 other rookie draft that hasn't started yet. Wonder if I'll end up picking him there? :-?

flotsamnjetsam

Postby mutantseabass » Tue May 21, 2013 8:38 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:That's the 3rd time in my 4 rookie drafts that I picked Ellington (which means he'll be a huge bust :-b :-B :-o ). The only league I didn't get him in was a league where we draft college players for a farm team, and he was already picked in the farm draft a few years ago. In 2 leagues (including this one), I drafted him because I have R.Williams. In the other league I just needed RB help, and I thought he was the BPA when I picked him. I have 1 other rookie draft that hasn't started yet. Wonder if I'll end up picking him there? :-?

I'm crossing him off my lists in my next two rookie drafts! :-b

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

PreviousNext

Return to Legion of Doom