Replacing owner of a BAD dynasty team...HELP! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Replacing owner of a BAD dynasty team...HELP!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Replacing owner of a BAD dynasty team...HELP!

Postby Sixxgunn » Tue May 14, 2013 8:26 am

This isn't my league, but a friend has asked my advice, and I, in turn, am asking you. They are running a 10 team dynasty, where they keep every player on their team and only draft rookies. You may already see where this is headed. One manager has slowly but surely depleted his entire team of any discernible talent, and has now reached the point that he has decided it is no longer worth his time to proceed. Now they are faced with the daunting task of replacing the owner with someone that has to take over a team that likely won't be competitive for five or more years. (It's THAT bad) My question is, is there a way to help this new owner out and make this team a bit better off without drastically penalizing the other managers who have done nothing wrong?
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Replacing owner of a BAD dynasty team...HELP!

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu May 16, 2013 10:34 pm

Sixxgunn wrote:This isn't my league, but a friend has asked my advice, and I, in turn, am asking you. They are running a 10 team dynasty, where they keep every player on their team and only draft rookies. You may already see where this is headed. One manager has slowly but surely depleted his entire team of any discernible talent, and has now reached the point that he has decided it is no longer worth his time to proceed. Now they are faced with the daunting task of replacing the owner with someone that has to take over a team that likely won't be competitive for five or more years. (It's THAT bad) My question is, is there a way to help this new owner out and make this team a bit better off without drastically penalizing the other managers who have done nothing wrong?

I think the best thing to do would be to just find an experienced dynasty league owner who likes the challenge of rebuilding poor teams. If that can't be done, one thing I can think of that wouldn't drastically penalize the other owners is to allow the new owner to make as many add/drops as they want...right after they join the league. That would give the new owner a chance to improve their team via the waiver wire (assuming there are some decent players on the WW). Also, maybe you can give the new owner some extra draft picks in the rookie draft...like maybe a supplemental pick at the end of each round. That's all I can think of right now. I'll post again if I think of anything else. Good luck to your friend! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Sixxgunn » Sun May 19, 2013 10:00 pm

Thanks for the response. That sounds a lot like the things that I had come up with. Unfortunately, it got a lukewarm reception. My only other advice was to allow him to play free the first year. It just seems completely unfair to me to make a guy pay full price to play a game he has no chance of winning. Anyway, thanks again!
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Hags888 » Thu May 23, 2013 10:57 am

Sixxgunn wrote:Thanks for the response. That sounds a lot like the things that I had come up with. Unfortunately, it got a lukewarm reception. My only other advice was to allow him to play free the first year. It just seems completely unfair to me to make a guy pay full price to play a game he has no chance of winning. Anyway, thanks again!

That would be my suggestion. Let the guy play the first year for free, knowing he's likely the league punching bag. Hopefully he gets the top pick in the draft and can make a few savvy moves on the WW and via trades. Then after suffering through the first year for free, he'll likely have the top pick again in the following draft and might be able to piece together a little more respectable team. Depending on just how bad the team is, you might entice the owner by letting them play for free for the first 2 years. It's a no-lose scenario for the owner.
SKOL VIKINGS!
Hags888
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 4)

Postby kevinkallberg » Fri May 31, 2013 9:34 pm

I would like more info on this league if you're still looking for someone to take over that horrible team. I am a very experienced manager and loves a challenge.

Is it ran through yahoo? free or pay league? I prefer yahoo and it being a free league. Thanks
kevinkallberg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:06 pm

Thanks for the interest in joining, but apparently a free season was all it took to get everyone to agree and bring in a new owner. Problem solved! ;-D
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

Return to Commissioner's Corner