Ryan Broyles - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ryan Broyles

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ryan Broyles

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat May 18, 2013 8:06 pm

MLive.com considers Ryan Broyles a breakout candidate this season.

Broyles is recovering from a torn right ACL, and the Lions' only notable offseason receiver addition was sixth-round pick Corey Fuller. They must feel comfortable with Broyles' progress. In a six-game stretch last season, Broyles caught 21 passes for 307 yards and two touchdowns. Broyles is questionable for Week 1, but once he's back he'll have a ton of potential in the Lions' high-powered attack while working opposite Megatron.

I drafted this guy in a Dynasty last year. He holds the NCAA reception record so I thought he would be a great target to catch a ton of passes. In the games he played when Titus started his downfall he looked real good and then the injury. I think he comes back strong and makes a small to med impact this year.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Ryan Broyles

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jun 14, 2013 6:50 pm

Detroit Lions minicamp: Ryan Broyles doesn't expect to go on PUP list
8:39 AM, June 14, 2013
By Dave Birkett
Detroit Free Press Sports Writer

He didn’t stumble upon any magic elixirs or go to the Adrian Peterson school of miraculous rehabs, but Lions receiver Ryan Broyles did learn a secret from his first torn ACL that has made recovering from his second much easier — patience.

Broyles was a full participant in all three days of minicamp this week, six months and one week after undergoing surgery on his right knee.

Last spring, while recovering from the torn left ACL he suffered as a senior at Oklahoma, Broyles pushed his knee beyond its limits in rehab as he rushed to get ready for his pro day.

That decision paid off. He ran well enough and looked crisp enough in predraft workouts that the Lions took him in the second round.

But it came at an expense.

“Last year I kind of beat my knee up trying to get ready for the combine,” Broyles said. “You’ve got to be smart about what you do and last year I had to hurry up before my quad was strong enough and before my hammy and my glut was strong enough, I was out there running so I could get ready for the pro day. I ran at the pro day 3½ months (after surgery). I didn’t really start running here until about five months, so I think that extra month and a half really helped me out.”

con't...

more: http://www.freep.com/article/20130614/S ... r-minicamp
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk