Dynasty trade - Need Help!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Dynasty trade - Need Help!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty trade - Need Help!!

Postby wtr23 » Sun May 26, 2013 11:45 am

12 teams, .5 PPR, balanced scoring for offense and defense.

My roster
QB- Wilson, Smith, Freeman
RB- Foster, Gore, Murray, Ivory, D. Richardson, Ball, Stacy
WR- Marshall, D. Thomas, L. Moore, Boldin, Sanu, Quick
TE- H. Miller, Myers, Cameron, Ertz
K- Graham, Barth

DL- L. Houston, V. Wilfork, A. Rubin, B. Robison, F. Cox
LB- P. Posluszny, L. David, J. Freeman, Carter, D. Harris, S Moore
CB- C. Williams, B. Skrine, A. Cason, K. Lewis
S- H. Smith, D. Whitner, Cyprien

His roster
QB- Dalton, Tannehill
RB- quizz rodgers, ingram, R Williams, L James, Lattimore
WR- Green, Cobb, Amendola, V Brown, Little, Lockette
TE- Gronk, Gresham, Lewis
K-Bryant, Bullock

S- Burnette, Chancellor, R Moore
CB- McCourty, Webb, Browner, Asomugha, Alford
LB- Kuechly, Bowman, McCarthy, Hightower, Angerer, D Davis, Ogletree
DL- Watt, Quinn, Morgan, Suggs, Clayborn, Ansah, Werner

Positions of need for my team are DL and WR. He's thin at QB and RB. The two players I'm interested in are Amendola and Ansah, he hasn't offered any serious counters yet (he said foster would be nice, lol) so I'm trying my best to come up with something fair here. Any suggestions on a fair trade I could offer?

side note, the guy is a 49er fan (note bowman,asomugha,lattimore, james, lockette) so I am considering offering him Gore. What should I be asking for in return?
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 242)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty trade - Need Help!!

Postby Indibuck » Sun May 26, 2013 11:26 pm

Not an IDP guy, but I'll take a swing.

What was the best offer you have given so far?

If you offer Gore, why not ask for your two targets?
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 194)

Postby wtr23 » Mon May 27, 2013 12:14 am

My Latest offer was Richardson, Robison, and a 2014 2nd for Ansah (2.12 in this years rookie draft). D-rich is the one back I have no problem trading, and I like him over all of his options at RB. I thought I'd throw in Robison (DE) since I was taking one of his DEs. Robison starts opposite Jared Allen, his numbers aren't terrible but Allen gets the better share of the work. Very average at the position, but Ansah is unproven and hasn't been around the game very long. I'd be more than happy to take this one, I'm basically paying a 2nd rounder for a freak athlete and a shot at the available free agents at the position of my choice.

If he declines this offer I'm prepared to offer Gore and go for both. Now that Crabtree is out of the way, Gore stock is on the rise. He should see added touches, but so will VD, James, Hunter, and company so I'm not too worried to pass him on. I feel like I wouldn't be able to get Amendola and Ansah for Gore by itself, this guy is almost as high on Amendola as I am :-D. I'd probably have to throw in a pick as well, maybe throw Robison back into the mix since he doesn't really have a place on my roster anyway.

I need to hear back from him on the latest offer, If he turns it down I'm swapping Gore in for Richardson with the hopes that Richardson pans out for me.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Mon May 27, 2013 12:37 am

wtr23 wrote:My Latest offer was Richardson, Robison, and a 2014 2nd for Ansah (2.12 in this years rookie draft). D-rich is the one back I have no problem trading, and I like him over all of his options at RB. I thought I'd throw in Robison (DE) since I was taking one of his DEs. Robison starts opposite Jared Allen, his numbers aren't terrible but Allen gets the better share of the work. Very average at the position, but Ansah is unproven and hasn't been around the game very long. I'd be more than happy to take this one, I'm basically paying a 2nd rounder for a freak athlete and a shot at the available free agents at the position of my choice.

If he declines this offer I'm prepared to offer Gore and go for both. Now that Crabtree is out of the way, Gore stock is on the rise. He should see added touches, but so will VD, James, Hunter, and company so I'm not too worried to pass him on. I feel like I wouldn't be able to get Amendola and Ansah for Gore by itself, this guy is almost as high on Amendola as I am :-D. I'd probably have to throw in a pick as well, maybe throw Robison back into the mix since he doesn't really have a place on my roster anyway.

I need to hear back from him on the latest offer, If he turns it down I'm swapping Gore in for Richardson with the hopes that Richardson pans out for me.

If he doesn't accept your offer, I think it's a good idea to offer Gore, Robison, and a 2014 2nd for Amendola and Ansah. Gore just turned 30, and the other guy is a 49er fan who already has L. James and Lattimore. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 81)

Postby mzkp54 » Mon May 27, 2013 7:31 pm

I think Gore, Robison and a 2nd for the 2 of them would be a very fair starting offer. Amendola however is one of those guys whose value is all over the place, so it's really hard to gauge what an appropriate offer would be. My concern with the offer is that the 2 guys you're asking to get back are both very high upside guys, and you're not really sending anyone with a high upside, so I could see him not being so interested. Maybe throw Boldin in? I think now is the time to sell Boldin- there is speculation that he could put up better numbers with Crabs out, but I don't see it happening, so I'd be selling if I had him.
mzkp54
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 241)

Postby wtr23 » Mon May 27, 2013 8:13 pm

The problem with that is I just picked Boldin up in a trade a week ago (before crabs injury). Turning around and selling him doesn't really look good either, but it might be enough to get the deal done. I was thinking of throwing in Moore but now I think Boldin is the way to go as he is in position to sell high.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Perfectibilist » Tue May 28, 2013 9:28 am

I would probably try Gore/Boldin and maybe a pick. I, personally, wouldn't accept in a million years, but if he's a homer it might work. In a dynasty league, I'd take Amendola over Gore & Boldin together. Luckily for you, he's pretty set at DL, so he should trade ansah for a similar pick next year.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby wtr23 » Tue May 28, 2013 10:44 am

another factor to consider... we've put it to a league vote to see if we should make one of the DL slots a DL/LB flex. If that goes through he'll have more than enough depth at the position and shouldn't be too worried about losing Ansah. I could see him taking Gore/Boldin for Amendola, I could throw a pick in as well because if these moves are made I feel like I'm set for 2-3 years.
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions