Chiefs TE's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chiefs TE's

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chiefs TE's

Postby stomperrob » Mon May 27, 2013 1:37 pm

Remains to be seen how much fantasy relevance they have and who steps up - Kelce looks good, Moeaki can't stay healthy, and Fasano has shown flashes but has been inconsistent:

Chiefs
Throwing to the tight end is back in Chiefs’ offense under Andy Reid
May 24, 2013
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

The Chiefs first signaled their intent to improve at tight end in recent months when they acquired Anthony Fasano and Travis Kelce to go along with the injured incumbent starter, Tony Moeaki.

Since then, the Chiefs have revealed plenty of two-tight end formations during their offseason program and spent plenty of time at least trying to throw the ball to both Fasano and Kelce. The signs are everywhere that the tight end as a pass receiver is back in the Chiefs offense under new coach Andy Reid.

“I think the offense is very friendly for a tight end,’’ said Fasano, signed from Miami as a free agent. “You can tell they’re becoming a very valuable position in this offense. We ultimately determine (how many passes they catch) by how we play, if we make plays, exploit mismatches. The tight ends have a good opportunity in this offense.’’

The Chiefs will need big receiving numbers from the tight ends this year because, other than Dwayne Bowe, they have little in proven ability at wide receiver. This marks a change for the Chiefs, who since trading Tony Gonzalez before the 2009 season got 46, 61, 35 and 44 catches from their tight ends in the four years since.

con't...

more: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/05/24/42 ... -back.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chiefs TE's

Postby stomperrob » Mon Jul 29, 2013 2:37 pm

Chiefs coaches could have big plans for Tony Moeaki
July 28
By ADAM TEICHER
The Kansas City Star

ST. JOSEPH — Some thoughts after today’s Chiefs training camp practice:

• Lot of speculation before the start of training camp that tight end Tony Moeaki might be in danger of being released but judging from how much the Chiefs have used him in the three training camp practices, it looks like the coaches have big plans for him. It’s also possible that Andy Reid and the rest of his new coaching staff just want to get a good look at Moeaki, who didn’t practice in the spring after having arthroscopic knee surgery. But the Chiefs are using plenty of multi-tight end formations, so there should be enough snaps to get plenty of use from not only Moeaki, but also Anthony Fasano and Travis Kelce.

• On the subject of Moeaki, I don’t understand a lot of the fan anger when it comes to his history of injuries. I realize he had some problems in college at Iowa, but he’s missed just two games in his two full seasons with the Chiefs. He did miss all of the 2011 season with the knee injury. But why aren’t fans angry with Jamaal Charles and Eric Berry for the same crime? Can someone enlighten me on this?

http://www.kansascity.com/2013/07/28/43 ... e-big.html
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:27 pm

The problem is you heard he has talent but you have never really seen it over the course of a whole year. Im not buying it enough to gamble on him as my starter/#2. There are many others Id rather have for my #2.

There are a solid crop of pass catching TE's this year in my opinion. Maybe I change my mind about him if I read some good news closer to the season.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:05 pm

Stick a fork in him, he's done:

CHIEFS NOTEBOOK
Chiefs tight end Moeaki suffers another injury setback
August 26
By RANDY COVITZ
The Kansas City Star

Chiefs tight end Tony Moeaki’s oft-injured career has suffered another setback.

Coach Andy Reid said Monday that Moeaki suffered a shoulder fracture in the Chiefs’ overtime win Saturday at Pittsburgh. It is uncertain how long he will be out.

Moeaki suffered the injury early in the fourth quarter after he hauled in a 24-yard pass from Chase Daniel.

“He got tackled and landed on it …” Reid said. “He was actually tackled on that spot and then landed on it.”

Moeaki, a four-year veteran, had a history of injuries in college at Iowa, and it has followed him with the Chiefs. He missed all of the 2011 season because of a knee injury sustained in the final preseason game, and he missed all of the offseason program this year after undergoing a procedure on his knee.

“He has had a couple of injuries,” Reid said, “but in some of those in a lot of cases with different players, you can change that around in your career, and hopefully this is his last one.”

con't...

more: http://www.kansascity.com/2013/08/26/44 ... ffers.html
stomperrob

Return to Football Talk