CJ Spiller Goal line carries? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CJ Spiller Goal line carries?

Moderator: Football Moderators

CJ Spiller Goal line carries?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu May 30, 2013 1:22 am

Bills coach Doug Marrone plans to use C.J. Spiller in all situations this season.

That includes goal-line and short-yardage situations. "My philosophy's always been if someone starts off and they're running well, keep feeding them the ball," Marrone said. Marrone's M.O. is in stark contrast to former coach Chan Gailey's, who routinely took his best player off the field in critical situations because he didn't view Spiller as a power back. The Bills are going to feed Spiller early and often this season, putting him in position to be a top-five fantasy back.

I think he will continue to gain more carries and as long as he doesnt get hurt I can see him being a top 5 back. It Fred Jackson gains momentum then he will probably fall to top 10 but his ceiling is high.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: CJ Spiller Goal line carries?

Postby stomperrob » Wed Aug 07, 2013 1:07 pm

Bills OC plans to give C.J. Spiller the ball 'until he throws up'
August 7, 2013 - 8:12 AM
By Tim Graham

PITTSFORD -- The way former Buffalo Bills coach Chan Gailey deployed C.J. Spiller last year caused indigestion among fans.

The new coaching staff wants to transfer that feeling to Spiller.

Rookie offensive coordinator Nathaniel Hackett was a guest on WGR's "The Howard Simon Show" this morning and delivered the most definitive comment to date on Spiller's expected role.

"It's real simple," Hackett said. "We're going to give him the ball until he throws up. So he's either got to tap out or throw up on the field. Let's just put it that way."

Hackett wasn't afraid that he was revealing top-secret information.

"It doesn't matter. You can say that because any team that has ever watched him should, I mean ... You've got to stop C.J.

con't...

more: http://blogs.buffalonews.com/press-cove ... ws-up.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby Dawinner127 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 3:02 pm

He's flying up draft boards. He was even mentioned on ESPN Radio this morning, which was surprising to me. Didn't he miss some time last year with the hamstring problem?
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Cuffs » Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:03 pm

No, he played 16 games each of the past two years and 14 as a rookie. But he has had the injury bug a bit...just not enough to hold him below 5 ypc. the past two seasons. I consider him a top 5 RB, ahead of Charles. Guy can catch and run, and as the links above show, Marrone has no qualms with leaning on an RB. The biggest question is whether replacing a serviceable QB in Fitzpatrick with a complete crapshoot combination of Manual and Kolb is going to let defenses focus more on Spiller and whether that'll hurt his production.
Cuffs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 35)

Postby JerseyBearsGuy » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:11 pm

If I have the right draft position, and I have a chance at getting him, I'd welcome onto my team.
Buffalo Beast Mode!!
A. Luck, M. Vick
A. Morris, S. Ridley, D. Williams, L. Miller, W. Mcgahee
B. Marshall, Julio Jones, S. Smith, S. Johnson, E. Royal, M. Brown
J. Thomas, G. Olsen
D. Bailey
Minnesota
JerseyBearsGuy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Response Team
(Past Year: 173)