First Time Leading 16-Team League... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

First Time Leading 16-Team League...

Moderator: Football Moderators

First Time Leading 16-Team League...

Postby WhiskeyHotel » Thu May 30, 2013 9:08 am

Hey Guys,

My League is changing from a 10 to a 16-team League this season. We generally play the following positions:

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
2 FLEX
1 IDP
1 DEF
1 K

Should I make any changes to the number of players per positions, like having 2 QBs instead of one? Thanks!
WhiskeyHotel
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: First Time Leading 16-Team League...

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu May 30, 2013 2:15 pm

WhiskeyHotel wrote:Hey Guys,

My League is changing from a 10 to a 16-team League this season. We generally play the following positions:

1 QB
2 RB
3 WR
1 TE
2 FLEX
1 IDP
1 DEF
1 K

Should I make any changes to the number of players per positions, like having 2 QBs instead of one? Thanks!

You definitely shouldn't change it from starting 1 QB to 2 QB's in a 16 team league. There are only 32 starting QB's in the league, so even with everyone starting 1 QB, all it takes is 1 owner to have 3 starting QB's and then at least one owner would end up not having a backup QB for bye weeks. If everyone had to start 2 QB's, all it takes is 1 owner to have 3 starting QB's and then at least one owner would end up not being able to do that, and either way, most of the owners won't have a QB for bye weeks.

If anything, in a 16 team league, you should think about lowering the amount of starters because there ends up being not enough startable players to go around. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby stomperrob » Thu May 30, 2013 5:06 pm

As flots said, definitely do not have 2 starting QB's (for the same reason you do not want 2 D/ST's either) - and the rosters are kinda big for a 16 team league - might wanna consider dropping the 2 Flex positions and bump up the IDP's to 3 starters.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri May 31, 2013 8:01 am

stomperrob wrote:As flots said, definitely do not have 2 starting QB's (for the same reason you do not want 2 D/ST's either) - and the rosters are kinda big for a 16 team league - might wanna consider dropping the 2 Flex positions and bump up the IDP's to 3 starters.

I agree with this 100%. I would turn down the WR to 2, Flex to only 1 and add a couple more IDPs. With 2 RBs and 16 teams thats 32RBs which takes the lead guy from every single team, and for bye weeks it uses up most of those rotation guys. That means most teams will be plugging in WR in their flex spot and if you have 3 WR and 2 Flex that means there will be about 70-75 WRs in play on most weeks, Its a stretch to think that the average team has 2.5 productive WRs.

Like Rob said the more teams you have the less players you should start because there are only so many players to go around. Its cool to have a little depth (so you could leave it to 4 spots between WR/Flex if you want); but you dont want to get too deep or it waters down the league a bit in my opinion
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Return to Beginner's Forum