Decker? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Decker?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Decker?

Postby JnBama » Thu May 30, 2013 9:53 pm

Is Decker worth a 2014 1st? I'm in need of a wr 3 this year as I only have A. Johnson and Roddy White as decent wr's. My 2014 1st will most likely be mid rounder. TIA
JnBama
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Decker?

Postby mycuccismells » Fri May 31, 2013 8:14 am

JnBama wrote:Is Decker worth a 2014 1st? I'm in need of a wr 3 this year as I only have A. Johnson and Roddy White as decent wr's. My 2014 1st will most likely be mid rounder. TIA

Details, need more details. Is this a keeper or dynasty league? If you are talking about trading a 1st round pick from net year (undetermined pick) that is a rookie only draft then yes you are getting a steal with that trade. If its some sort of a keeper league then the details have to be explained to fully understand the scenario

With that being said I wouldnt say you are in need of a WR when you have Andre and Roddy. I dont know the rest of your team but it might be wise to address other needs first, but for my thoughts on this deal in a bubble see my paragraph above
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 378)

Postby JnBama » Fri May 31, 2013 8:24 am

This is a Dynasty league and it would be a 2014 rookie pick.

Manning, Eli NYG QB - 9 FA
Manuel, E.J. BUF QB (R) - 12 2.05
Rodgers, Aaron GBP QB (P) - 4 FA
Ballard, Vick IND RB - 8 FA
Blount, LeGarrette NEP RB - 10 FA
Dwyer, Jonathan PIT RB - 5 FA
Forte, Matt CHI RB - 8 FA
Hillman, Ronnie DEN RB - 9 FA
Jones, Felix PHI RB - 12 6.03
Lacy, Eddie GBP RB (R) - 4 1.05
McGahee, Willis DEN RB - 9 FA
Moreno, Knowshon DEN RB (P) - 9 FA
Scott, Bernard CIN RB (Q) - 12 FA
Baldwin, Doug SEA WR - 12 FA
Johnson, Andre HOU WR - 8 FA
Massaquoi, Mohamed JAC WR - 9 FA
Moss, Santana WAS WR - 5 FA
Swope, Ryan ARI WR (R) (P) - 9 4.05
White, Roddy ATL WR - 6 FA
Gronkowski, Rob NEP TE (Q) - 10 FA
Kelce, Travis KCC TE (R) - 10 3.05
Lewis, Marcedes JAC TE - 9 FA
Zuerlein, Greg STL PK - 11 5.04
Cardinals, Arizona ARI
JnBama
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mycuccismells » Fri May 31, 2013 10:11 am

In my opinion you need to try and get a RB, not a WR. What i would do if i were you is do this trade and then try and get someone to bite on a package of one of your WR along with one of those Denver RBs for a more solid RB. Really the only RB i trust on your roster is Forte, to me thats by far your weakest position
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby duffoholic » Fri May 31, 2013 12:24 pm

mycuccismells wrote:In my opinion you need to try and get a RB, not a WR. What i would do if i were you is do this trade and then try and get someone to bite on a package of one of your WR along with one of those Denver RBs for a more solid RB. Really the only RB i trust on your roster is Forte, to me thats by far your weakest position

Agreed! I think this deal is too good to pass on but you are seriously lacking at RB. Ballard might be the guy in Indy... MIGHT. We'll have to wait and see how Tressman (sp?) runs the show in Chicago, but having watched a lot of Al's games here in the CFL, I would guess that it will be a run and gun, scoring style offence that should see Forte getting loads of looks out of the backfield while maintaining his status as featured back in the ground game. Beyond that you have a load of guys who are maybes. Lacy could work out and Willis might surprise everybody and keep that starting job but if you could trade him and a WR to the owner of M. Ball for an upgrade at RB you'd be in a much better spot in my opinion.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 444)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri May 31, 2013 1:44 pm

In addition to what Duff said, in my opinion you have 3 Denver running backs but you have the 3 least desirable Denver RBs out of the group. Moreno had a great end of the year but he sat on the bench the rest of the year for a reason. Them drafting Ball in the 2nd round (after just taking Hillman last year in the 3rd) means that they probably dont trust Moreno or McGahee all that much and McGahee's injury last year may have sealed his fate even though he was playing well. I assume you are keeping all of these guys because you were assuming that one of them had to be the feature back this year, but if Ball gets an opportunity you may be in a committee situation or even stuck with the 3 odd men out.

Ballard definitely has a bit of potential, but even when given the starting job last year he only averaged about 80 total YPG with 3 total TDs over 11 games. In those 11 games he only broke 100 yards once, had 3 games under 50 yards, and only averaged >5YPC once. I think even if he is the feature back he isnt much more than a 1200 total yard back; and i dont think he will ever be a 20 carry per game kind of guy.

All of that combined with Lacy being a rookie and not knowing what will happen with Dwyer and it just seems like you are rolling the dice a bit too much at RB. You could end up with 4 starting RBs or you could end up with Forte and a bunch of rotation guys, at which point you will be SOL. I would try and go into the season with 2 guys you know will be getting you 250+ touches and then keep 2-3 of these guys as boom/bust (Lacy and Ballard being the most promising)
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby Zbetty » Sun Jun 02, 2013 2:07 pm

I agree with everyone else. You need more help at RB
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby JnBama » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:12 pm

Thanks for responses guys, I traded my 2014 1st and Eli for Decker, A. Boldin, J. Freeman and 2014 3rd. I will try to package for another RB if possible. Thanks
JnBama
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:37 pm

I'd be talking to the Ball owner and would give him all of your Denver backs for picks. I think in 2 months time, they will have very little value.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 238)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions