Romo for J. Stewart? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Romo for J. Stewart?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Romo for J. Stewart?

Postby TruNinerFan » Fri May 31, 2013 8:54 am

In my dynasty league, should I swap Romo for J. Stewart? I could use some RB depth and I am pretty deep at QB. Is Stewart enough or should I hold out for a better offer?

We start 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 flex (rb,wr,te), 1 TE, 1 K, 1 D/ST

6 pt all TD, NO PPR, 1 pt every 25 yards rush/rec

MY team:
10 man dynasty league
QB- Romo, Luck, Kaepernick

RB- T. Richardson, D. Martin, D. McFadden, M. Hardesty, M. Reece, C. Michael

WR- Calvin Johnson, Dez Bryant, AJ Green, TY Hilton, Tavon Austin, denarius Moore, vincent Brown, Reuben Randle, Emmanuel Sanders

TE- A. Hernandez, Dwayne Allen, T. Eifert

K- Gostkowski

D-49ers

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Romo for J. Stewart?

Postby mycuccismells » Fri May 31, 2013 9:51 am

Only you know your league, do you think you can get a better offer? Stewart is one of those guys that you expect to breakout ever year but every year he disappoints. Personally I try to stay away from him because it seems like he under produces every single year, and to me that whole team is just so unpredictable.

That being said on face value its a pretty good trade for you, so if you dont think you can do better I would make the trade. As much as I shy away from Stewart he's still a flex worthy RB and if they ever decide to move DeAngelo he could really shine if he stays healthy. Thats a lot of ifs but there is definitely decent upside there.

Before being injured this year his previous 3 years saw yardage totals of 1272, 873 and then 1174 with 60 catches 2 years ago in Cam's rookie year. If he could manage to get back to any of those numbers he would be a great asset to own and its always nice to have RB depth, plus in a 1QB league there is no need to roster 3 QBs. You have 2 great young QBs to build around and 2 great young RBs to build around, much better to have the extra depth at RB than QB.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 361)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri May 31, 2013 9:51 am

Only you know your league, do you think you can get a better offer? Stewart is one of those guys that you expect to breakout ever year but every year he disappoints. Personally I try to stay away from him because it seems like he under produces every single year, and to me that whole team is just so unpredictable.

That being said on face value its a pretty good trade for you, so if you dont think you can do better I would make the trade. As much as I shy away from Stewart he's still a flex worthy RB and if they ever decide to move DeAngelo he could really shine if he stays healthy. Thats a lot of ifs but there is definitely decent upside there.

Before being injured this year his previous 3 years saw yardage totals of 1272, 873 and then 1174 with 60 catches 2 years ago in Cam's rookie year. If he could manage to get back to any of those numbers he would be a great asset to own and its always nice to have RB depth, plus in a 1QB league there is no need to roster 3 QBs. You have 2 great young QBs to build around and 2 great young RBs to build around, much better to have the extra depth at RB than QB.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby duffoholic » Fri May 31, 2013 12:05 pm

Boy, you really hit it out of the park with your rookie draft last year eh? I would go ahead and make this trade. I mean, who else could you try to land? It is a bit of a gamble but with Trich and DMC as both injury risks you need another guy you can start every week. I don't see you needing a flex RB with Megatron, Dez and AJ in a touchdown heavy league as they are all must start guys.

Another reason I would make this trade is that personally, I hate having too many choices when picking my lineup and Romo is one of those guys who will light up your bench and shit the bed on your starting roster... Send him packing, rely on the young guns and add some depth at RB. Win/win/win for ya in my mind.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 425)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri May 31, 2013 12:22 pm

duffoholic wrote:Another reason I would make this trade is that personally, I hate having too many choices when picking my lineup and Romo is one of those guys who will light up your bench and shit the bed on your starting roster... Send him packing, rely on the young guns and add some depth at RB. Win/win/win for ya in my mind.

This is a great point which i overlooked, having 3 fairly equal QBs gives you nothing but a headache because you will always start the wrong one. When you can start one of a position and its a deep position you dont want 3 guys that are on the same level, you will always be second guessing yourself.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby J-Money0963 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:08 am

Try to get more for Romo...Stewart's lack of consistency is not worth a franchise QB even if it is Tony Romo, you'll wanna keep him and play him in a good match-up scenario where the secondary is weak. Kap and Luck won't always be consistent, so it's good to have options.
J-Money0963
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

(Past Year: 4)

Postby nate22 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:10 am

All the writers high on JStew are finally backing off...I just cant see it ever truly happening consistently. Its not a bad offer, but if you could get some sort of pick swap next year, his 2nd for your 3rd etc, then it might be worth exploring.
nate22
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby mycuccismells » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:40 am

nate22 wrote:All the writers high on JStew are finally backing off...I just cant see it ever truly happening consistently. Its not a bad offer, but if you could get some sort of pick swap next year, his 2nd for your 3rd etc, then it might be worth exploring.

I would much rather have Stewart than to move up a round in a dynasty draft, Im not a huge dynasty guy but draft picks dont seem all that valuable in them. I agree that people are starting to back off of the WR1 potential in Stewart, but if ever given the opportunity i can still see him as a solid WR2 guy. Not someone that is going to carry your team but definitely a complimentary piece that coudl help you out with bye weeks and injuries.

The big question is whether you ever see yourself starting Romo over Kaep or Luck? Outside of maybe those 2 guys both having horrible matchups and/or bye weeks will you ever be using Romo? If the answer to that question is no then its best to get what you can for him, even if you arent in love with the piece you are getting back
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby Perfectibilist » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:33 pm

mycuccismells wrote:
nate22 wrote:All the writers high on JStew are finally backing off...I just cant see it ever truly happening consistently. Its not a bad offer, but if you could get some sort of pick swap next year, his 2nd for your 3rd etc, then it might be worth exploring.

I would much rather have Stewart than to move up a round in a dynasty draft, Im not a huge dynasty guy but draft picks dont seem all that valuable in them.

I think that nate22 was trying to say to add the draft pick compensation to the trade, e.g. Romo & 3rd for JStew &2nd or something like that. And, for what it's worth, I am almost exclusively a "dynasty guy" and I think that draft picks can be quite valuable if you are a good drafter. It works much like the NFL system where you can acquire exclusive rights to a guy at "ground-level", instead of having to pay huge in free agency or the trade market.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby broseph jacobs » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:44 pm

- better to have depth at RB than QB. Like you said, having to choose week by week is a nightmare. You have Kaep and Luck. You're good for the long haul.

- on the other hand, you don't need depth at RB because your flex option will be one of your stud WR's (of which you have three)

- the person you are trading with will obviously plug and play Romo. You won't be doing that with Stewart since you have Trent and Doug.

= With all this info, I say trade Romo outright for two or three draft picks (three would be SUWEET!). Leave Stewart out of the equation, entirely. You don't need him, but the person you are trading with likely needs Romo. Shoot for the stars, and let Stewart stay where he is: bench-worthy.

My two cents.
(GO NINERS!)
Last edited by broseph jacobs on Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)