Romo for J. Stewart? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Romo for J. Stewart?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Romo for J. Stewart?

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:45 pm

I would move Romo for a starting RB only not someone in a timeshare.
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mycuccismells » Wed Jun 05, 2013 11:46 am

MadDog36 wrote:I would move Romo for a starting RB only not someone in a timeshare.

That's setting your hopes a little high, any starting RB is FAR more valuable than a low end QB1. To me Romo is a 3rd tier QB so moving him for a 3rd tier RB seems pretty fitting, especially when you have 3 QBs and can only start one. Giving someone Romo isnt going to give that team a significant boost, and hes doing nothing to help this team
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Bherman13 » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:41 am

I know you are a niners fan, but Andrew Luck is going to be your guy for the next decade at least. Why not trade Kaep before he comes back to earth /gets injured? You'll get a lot more for him and avoid a weekly headache.
Bherman13
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby duffoholic » Thu Jun 06, 2013 3:18 pm

Bherman13 wrote:I know you are a niners fan, but Andrew Luck is going to be your guy for the next decade at least. Why not trade Kaep before he comes back to earth /gets injured? You'll get a lot more for him and avoid a weekly headache.

I agree with this advice 100%. It covers all the bases I'd want covered. You eliminate the decisions because you are never going to start Romo over Luck but can count on him as a solid backup. You'd probably get the most value out of Kaep and you are DEFINITELY selling high though getting rid of him before the Crabtree injury would have been ideal. Plus, you might be able to get a little more for him than Romo so you could shore up that RB3 position for yourself. Looks like win win win.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Postby preeti222 » Fri Jun 07, 2013 2:46 am

I think, J Stewart's ability is top notch, but DeAngelo Williams and Cam Newton continue to hurt his numbers. There's always a chance Williams gets traded which would help tremendously.
preeti222
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 14)

Postby mycuccismells » Fri Jun 07, 2013 11:45 am

Bherman13 wrote:I know you are a niners fan, but Andrew Luck is going to be your guy for the next decade at least. Why not trade Kaep before he comes back to earth /gets injured? You'll get a lot more for him and avoid a weekly headache.

Bravo, this is actually the best advice in this thread and something I hadn't even considered as an option to propose. I think you said it perfectly, Kaep has too much value right now to just hold on to as a backup when you have a more than capable backup in Romo. At the very least throw him out there and see if you could get something nice back in return
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions