Percy Harvin or VJax - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Percy Harvin or VJax

Moderator: Football Moderators

Percy Harvin or VJax

Postby wfugel » Fri May 31, 2013 11:59 am

I have 1 spot left on my keeper roster to fill out and it is that of WR.
8 team league, Non-PPR, IDP we are allowed to keep the following 1 QB, 4 spots for any combo of RB & WR, 1 TE, 2 DL, 2 LB, 2 CB, 1 S & 1 flex.

Who I am keeping (parentheses who I cut at that position):
QB Peyton (Cutler)
RB Charles (Mendenhall, J. Rodgers, B. Tate)
RB Alfred Morris
RB David Wilson
Flex Daryl Richardson
WR (I cut Amendola and Jordy Nlson)
TE Martellus Bennett
DL Demarcus Ware (Calais Campbell, Chris Clemons)
DL Geno Atkins
LB James Harrison (Quinton Coples and Nick Barnett)
LB Stephen Nicholas
CB Lardarius Webb (Buster Skrine)
CB Devin McCourty
S Harrison Smith (Thomas DeCoud)
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Percy Harvin or VJax

Postby mycuccismells » Fri May 31, 2013 12:07 pm

To be honest i would keep them both and throw back Richardson, it looks like you can do that right??
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby wfugel » Fri May 31, 2013 12:41 pm

Yes that is an option but RBs in this league are at a premium especially young backs with upside.

Obviously if D. Rich loses the starting job to Pead or the guy they drafted this becomes a no brainer on cutting him.

Luckily we have until August before we submit who we are keeping. I am currently hanging either Harvin or VJax out there as trade bait for a top LB b/c as you can see by my list of who I kept and who I cut at LB it is weak as hell.
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 11stever11 » Fri May 31, 2013 12:51 pm

Welcome to the Cafe ;-D
I would cut Richardson, because I do not see him winning the job and keeping it. I think that Zac Stacy will led the committee for the Rams. Unless your league has high IDP scoring, I would not trade Harvin or VJax for a LB. I think both wide receivers will put up WR1 numbers for 2-3 more seasons.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby wfugel » Fri May 31, 2013 12:59 pm

The way this league scores the top WR last year scored 230 points, the top LB was 260 points spread out over the course of the season those 30 points don't equate to much of a difference on either side, but LB's are the defensive RB's in this league. 2 top LB's putting up 20 points a week is huge. I am currently offering Harvin or VJax for Luke Kuechly or Lavonte David and both of those guys outscored both Harvin and VJax. I have been trying to predict other teams keepers and there appears LB will have some talent in the draft pool, but if I can get a top LB before the draft I can then shift focus to RB depth in the draft. I already tried for Laurinaitis but not surprisingly he will never be traded.
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mycuccismells » Fri May 31, 2013 2:01 pm

Never done an IDP league so I can't comment on that piece of it. Its nice that you have until August to decide, but im not sure we will know who the Rams RB is until after a few weeks. I think Zac Stacy is the guy i would want to own right now, but that it will be a rotation with him Pead/Richardson until one proves themselves.

Either way you have the option of a starting roster of VJax, Harvin, Charles, Morris, Wilson OR taking away one of those receivers to have an extra backup RB and having to draft your WR2 from a diluted WR pool because of keepers. If you say young RBs are at a premium and you think Richardson has some value then why not try and move him for a LB??
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby wfugel » Fri May 31, 2013 2:32 pm

No one has interest in trading for him and releasing a stud LB for someone who may not even be starting or stuck in a RBBC. The type of LB he would bring back would not be a drastic improvement over what I have now.
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby mycuccismells » Fri May 31, 2013 2:48 pm

Didnt expect a stud LB but didnt know if you could upgrade at all, like i said i dont know IDP. You are also dropping a bit of value in Amendola and Jordy who aren't really slouches; maybe you can leverage them in some way?? I think right now you have 4 solid WRs to chose from and to only keep 1 of those would be a crime; especially when DRich is your reward haha.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team

Postby wfugel » Fri May 31, 2013 3:28 pm

I agree I have 4 solid WRs but what we are allowed to keep does not allow me to keep all of them. At the most I could keep 2 and I think Harvin and Vincent Jackson are the top 2.

Jordy Nelson losing Jennings concerns me a bit, but if Cobb can duplicate last year Nelson should be ok.

I love Amendola but lets face it the guy gets hurt every single year and has never had the workload he is going to have in NE, mainly b/c he could not stay healthy w/ the workload he had in STL.

I should also mention I have 4th pick in this draft so in theory I could get Amendola or Nelson back with that pick, but I will probably be going after a RB or LB depending on who is kept and who is released.
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby wfugel » Fri May 31, 2013 3:29 pm

Oh and mycuccismells once you go IDP you don't go back.
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Next

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions