Percy Harvin or VJax - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Percy Harvin or VJax

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Percy Harvin or VJax

Postby wtr23 » Fri May 31, 2013 3:30 pm

I agree that dropping D-rich and keeping both WR is the smart move, unless richardson wins the starting job outright (doubtful). Heck, I'd keep Amendola over Richardson. I really don't like the situation in STL, if you can't scoop up Stacy or Pead you could be in trouble. On the other hand, keeping VJax and Harvin gives you 2 top receivers capable of WR1 numbers for a few more years.

**Drich owner shopping him out for Amendola and Failing miserably**
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 11stever11 » Fri May 31, 2013 5:25 pm

wfugel wrote:The way this league scores the top WR last year scored 230 points, the top LB was 260 points spread out over the course of the season those 30 points don't equate to much of a difference on either side, but LB's are the defensive RB's in this league. 2 top LB's putting up 20 points a week is huge. I am currently offering Harvin or VJax for Luke Kuechly or Lavonte David and both of those guys outscored both Harvin and VJax. I have been trying to predict other teams keepers and there appears LB will have some talent in the draft pool, but if I can get a top LB before the draft I can then shift focus to RB depth in the draft. I already tried for Laurinaitis but not surprisingly he will never be traded.

If that is the case, I would certainly explore trading a WR for a LB. I am a bit concerned that Leonte David's tackle production will fall from 112, so I would look to target Bowman or Paul Posluszny instead. Also, I would try to hold onto Harvin and trade VJax. I have Harvin in the first tier for WRs in keeper leagues.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby wfugel » Fri May 31, 2013 6:27 pm

I have tried for Lavonte David, Luke Kuechly, James Laurinaitis, Bowman, Wagner so far nothing. I did not ask for Pos b/c he seems too inconsistent. Sometimes the best trade is the one you don't make though.
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)

Postby 11stever11 » Fri May 31, 2013 6:52 pm

wfugel wrote:I have tried for Lavonte David, Luke Kuechly, James Laurinaitis, Bowman, Wagner so far nothing. I did not ask for Pos b/c he seems too inconsistent. Sometimes the best trade is the one you don't make though.

He is a bit inconsistent, but I think he will continue to find plenty of opportunities because the Jags are still going to be bad. Mayo might be another target since he is only 26 years old and had a much better season in 2012 then 2011. I would not go much lower then top 10 LBs in terms of targets.
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby wfugel » Fri May 31, 2013 6:54 pm

True the Jags are awful did not think of that. Mayo is on my radar as well. That owner has a ton of LB talent which he will have to release and I think it is possible Mayo is cut.
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby wfugel » Fri May 31, 2013 9:42 pm

Update:
Just traded Rashard Mendenhall and 1 of my 3rd rd picks for Jerod Mayo.

Talks involving Harvin or Jackson for Lavonte David have started up and I have also asked about Derrick Johnson in case David goes nowhere.
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby wtr23 » Fri May 31, 2013 10:06 pm

uh... wow. I can't understand the logic behind that one. Mendenhall is a rb3 at best. The pick makes it closer but Mayo could be your LB1, Mendy wouldn't have even made the final cut on your roster. Thats a steal ;-D
(sig by soty)
wtr23
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 224)

Postby wfugel » Fri May 31, 2013 10:52 pm

I was assisted in a big way by this offseason which screwed his RB situation. He has Ahamd Bradshaw (unemployed) Shonn Greene (stuck behind Chris Johnson) Mikell Leshoure (Reggie Bush is coming to town) and ironically he has Chris Johnson so he literally has 1RB to keep now he has 2. On a side note I think Mendenhall is poised for a comeback year. Year removed from the knee injury, legit deep passer in Palmer, reunited with Arians whom he had his best years with in Pittsburgh could be a solid under the radar season for him. I also offered D. rich but he did not have interest in him which no one seems to except me.
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:54 am

wfugel wrote:Update:
Just traded Rashard Mendenhall and 1 of my 3rd rd picks for Jerod Mayo.

Talks involving Harvin or Jackson for Lavonte David have started up and I have also asked about Derrick Johnson in case David goes nowhere.

That is a good trade for you. Mendenhall was not going to be a keeper, so giving up a 3rd for Mayo is solid value.
11stever11

Previous

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions