Keep Cobb??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Keep Cobb???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keep Cobb???

Postby T Long » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:24 am

I can keep 5 of the following: AJ Green, Cam Newton, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Alfred Morris, Randall Cobb

I really want to keep my 3 running backs b/c they seem hard to come by this year. The kicker is every 25 return yards is a point and receptions are 1/2 point, so Cobb ended up scoring the most points on my team last year.
I can try and trade guys for draft picks too and can probably get a high pick trading Morris or Rice. The pick could get me a rookie or a guy like Steven Jackson.
Should I keep my backs and try to trade Cobb? Or Keep Cobb and trade a back?

I can't decide!! Thanks!!
T Long
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 10)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Keep Cobb???

Postby wfugel » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:46 am

What is the QB pool going to look like at your draft? Not knowing that answer I would keep everyone but Newton. Again that all depends on what talent will be available and how your league scores QB's.

In my league QB's score the most points by far at seasons end but you only start 1 a week so the premium like most leagues shifts to having 3 stud backs and at least 1 stud receiver.
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 9)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby T Long » Sat Jun 01, 2013 8:55 am

Best case would be getting Russel Wilson or Matt Ryan. Thought about doing this, just hard to let Cam go and would like to trade one of my guys to get an extra pick. But yea that's another option I'll be looking at now!!
T Long
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wfugel » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:04 am

Is trading Cam for a pick not an option? Again I don't know how you score QB's but Ryan is a top 8 QB in my league every year and with those 3 backs and Cobb you can get Ryan and with the extra pick go for QB or WR depth.
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Re: Keep Cobb???http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/files/non

Postby m16a » Sat Jun 01, 2013 10:09 am

T Long wrote:I can keep 5 of the following: AJ Green, Cam Newton, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Alfred Morris, Randall Cobb

I really want to keep my 3 running backs b/c they seem hard to come by this year. The kicker is every 25 return yards is a point and receptions are 1/2 point, so Cobb ended up scoring the most points on my team last year.
I can try and trade guys for draft picks too and can probably get a high pick trading Morris or Rice. The pick could get me a rookie or a guy like Steven Jackson.

I'd honestly be most apt to keep AJ, Foster, Rice, Morris, and Cobb. QB is a deep position this season, and this gives you a great base in two positions, instead of spreading yourself a bit more thin if you keep Cam. If you have a legitimate shot at Matty Ice, I think you make your team much better by keeping the added WR depth and targeting Ryan. That said, if you like Cam over Ryan, I'd probably lean towards keeping him over Cobb. I just think Cobb is in for a big season.
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby 11stever11 » Sat Jun 01, 2013 11:02 am

T Long wrote:I can keep 5 of the following: AJ Green, Cam Newton, Arian Foster, Ray Rice, Alfred Morris, Randall Cobb

I would look to trade Morris for a high pick. I'd rather have Steven Jackson and Cam Newton then Alfred Morris and Matt Ryan, but that does come down to personal preference.
There is talk that Cobb may not be returning kicks or punts, so that is something to keep your eye on. I still like his value though because of your league having 1/2 PPR. I think that he could get close to or over 100 receptions.
Thanks Franchise Fan for the sig!
11stever11

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 46)

Postby T Long » Sat Jun 01, 2013 12:45 pm

Thanks all!

Really wasn't thinking about trying to trade Cam but now think it might be a good option. Scoring doesn't give running QBs a big advantage. All td's are 6, every completion is .5 and incompletion is -.5, a sack is -1, 1 point every 50yards with a bonus 2 points after 300 yards.

Only thing is Cam should be a good keeper for awhile, and my running back are going to start to decline.
T Long
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby wfugel » Sat Jun 01, 2013 1:06 pm

I agree Foster may start declining but Rice and Morris will in no way start declining and when Shanny falls in love with a back which to me he has with Morris they can be hugely successful for several years look at Portis in Denver under Shanny.
wfugel
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions