Most accurate rankings? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Most accurate rankings?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Most accurate rankings?

Postby gravyfries » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 am

So many different expert rankings out there. Has anyone ever taken a look back to see how accurate any of these guys are after the season is over?

Curious if anyone really stands out year after year.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
gravyfries
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Most accurate rankings?

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:41 am

Mine are the most accurate. :-)

In all seriousness, in my almost 20 years of playing, every single rankings list has it's share of hits and misses in retrospect.

My advice to all players is that any decent set of rankings and projections are but one tool in your belt of determining your own rankings. No one set should be your end all, be all. Research all the players and make your own determinations using others' rankings as a measuring stick.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Zbetty » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:57 pm

Agreed. They are all off. All it is is an educated guess based on trends and stats. Research players and their situations for your own rankings and compare them to others for reference
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby broseph jacobs » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:51 pm

Amen and Amen
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby LSUby50 » Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:20 pm

They all have hits and misses. I'd recommend skimming through several and you'll pick up lots of different info. But for your primary list look for a site that shows average draft positions for thousands of drafts. That will give u a better idea of where guys are going /should go. Keeps u from overreaching and you'll see when guys are dropping too far. I've found that works better than a ranking list.
LSUby50
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 59)

Postby jay0582 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:48 pm

fantasypros.com

They take the consensus of like 50 experts across different websites. It ranks the players, tells you the standard deviation, and average draft position along with those rankings. That way you can tell where they are being drafted vs where most experts are ranking them. I have no affiliation with the site, but it is my favorite site to use. The only problem is that there are only certain functions open to non paying members, but the rankings are one of those functions if thats all you need.
jay0582
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:26 pm

Indibuck wrote:Mine are the most accurate. :-)

In all seriousness, in my almost 20 years of playing, every single rankings list has it's share of hits and misses in retrospect.

My advice to all players is that any decent set of rankings and projections are but one tool in your belt of determining your own rankings. No one set should be your end all, be all. Research all the players and make your own determinations using others' rankings as a measuring stick.

This is pretty much exactly what I would say except I dont use big words like that. :-D

I look at many other rankings, keep up with the daily news, and rank them myself based on my gut. I used to own my money league but now with all the resources out there people have just as good of a chance at beating you because they had a search button and a printer that was fast enough to finish printing and still leave them enough time to get to the draft.

I think alot of the fun is thinking deeper into the players situation and coming to a conclusion as to where they should rank.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions