#1 qb...rodgers or brees? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

#1 qb...rodgers or brees?

Moderator: Football Moderators

#1 qb...rodgers or brees?

Postby sabomnim » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:17 am

Who do you think should be the 1st qb off the board if you are in a 6pt passing TD league (-2 INT)?

rodgers is ranked higher every year, but is that just because standard scoring is 4pt passing TDs?

brees seems to typically get the most points every year, should he be the 1st qb off the board with passer friendly leagues?
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: #1 qb...rodgers or brees?

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:39 am

Regardless of scoring system, Rodgers is my choice, but Brees is a close second.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 173)

Postby tantrix1969 » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:34 pm

I go Rodgers here as well, with Brees/Brady as next qbs up imo
"When you watch him play, you’re like, ‘Oh God, he’s going to kill somebody,’ and that’s what I like about the young man.” ~ Jerome Henderson on Cowboys rookie safety J.J. Wilcox
tantrix1969
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 92)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:51 pm

Rodgers hands down to me. Brees is right there but I would take Rodgers first if I had the choice.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby sabomnim » Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:22 pm

Everyonee always says Rodgers but Brees does better point wise every year
WHIR 100%
sabomnim
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

(Past Year: 75)

Postby duffoholic » Sun Jun 02, 2013 7:13 pm

sabomnim wrote:Everyonee always says Rodgers but Brees does better point wise every year

Yeah, I don't see a reason that you wouldn't take Brees 1st. Even the fact the the Saints played horribly last year played to Brees' favour; you have to sling with you're down in the third and fourth. The one thing I do see is that Green Bay has started to feel like New England in that they can plug any pieces in and Rodgers makes it work like Brady does but Brees tends to do the same thing with his WR's sharing the TDs and a new favourite target every week. The Pack put up silly points without a serious ground game for defences to worry about but Rodgers and that WR corps often seems to be unstoppable. At the end of the day, I guess it doesn't really matter which one you pick, they are both ending up in the top 3 and most likely within 5% of each other in terms of scoring anyway.

Still not sure why everybody takes Rodgers though.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 425)

Postby broseph jacobs » Sun Jun 02, 2013 11:59 pm

duffoholic wrote:
sabomnim wrote:Everyonee always says Rodgers but Brees does better point wise every year

Yeah, I don't see a reason that you wouldn't take Brees 1st. Even the fact the the Saints played horribly last year played to Brees' favour; you have to sling with you're down in the third and fourth. The one thing I do see is that Green Bay has started to feel like New England in that they can plug any pieces in and Rodgers makes it work like Brady does but Brees tends to do the same thing with his WR's sharing the TDs and a new favourite target every week. The Pack put up silly points without a serious ground game for defences to worry about but Rodgers and that WR corps often seems to be unstoppable. At the end of the day, I guess it doesn't really matter which one you pick, they are both ending up in the top 3 and most likely within 5% of each other in terms of scoring anyway.

Still not sure why everybody takes Rodgers though.

There was only one year out of the last four that Brees outscored Rodgers, and he had to break the all-time single-season yardage marker to do it, and he STILL only beat him by less than two points. Five years ago Brees also came in #1 with Rodgers in #2, but that was in Rodgers' first year as a starting QB.

Rodgers' dual threat capabilities are what should make everyone select him above Brees again this year (but not first in QB's, imho).

Brees 304.99
Rodgers 292.22

Rodgers 341.75
Brees 292.42

Rodgers 304.48
Brees 269.20

Rodgers 397.42
Brees 391.64

Brees 345.58
Rodgers 343.60
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)

Postby Gibbs Baby!!! » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:59 pm

broseph jacobs wrote:
There was only one year out of the last four that Brees outscored Rodgers, and he had to break the all-time single-season yardage marker to do it, and he STILL only beat him by less than two points. Five years ago Brees also came in #1 with Rodgers in #2, but that was in Rodgers' first year as a starting QB.

Rodgers' dual threat capabilities are what should make everyone select him above Brees again this year (but not first in QB's, imho).

That all depends on your scoring system. In 2 of the 3 leagues I play in locally, the scoring comparison goes like this:

Brees 457
Rodgers 414

Rodgers 463
Brees 438

Brees 428
Rodgers 423

Brees 564
Rodgers 545

Brees 523
Rodgers 486

Which leads to one year for Rodgers and one year that is essentially a wash.

Edit - So, I'd go with Brees myself. But, I'd be entirely happy to have Rodgers...
"We couldn’t do diddley poo offensively, we couldn’t make a first down, we couldn’t run the ball, we didn’t try to run the ball, we couldn’t complete a pass - we sucked." ~ James Ernest Mora
Gibbs Baby!!!
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 436)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions