Who To Keep? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Who To Keep?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who To Keep?

Postby dugbrandon » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:29 pm

This is the first year that our league is keeping players. We can keep a player for a max of 3 years and he has to return to the draft pool. This is an auction league ($200 budget) and to keep players we have to pay what we drafted them at, plus an additional amount ($10 for Rb, $5 for all others). We are also going to a "two QB" league this year. 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, QB/WR/RB/TE flex. 10 team league, PPR, otherwise standard scoring (4pt passing TD).

We Keep three and this is my roster from last year along with price I can keep them for:

RGIII..................$9
Eli Manning.......... $12
Arian Foster .........$72
Cj Spiller .............$12
Brandon Marshall ....$28
Percy Harvin .........$30
M. Colston............ $30
Kenny Britt ............$11

I'm thinking the easy choice is both QBs and Spiller. Are those guys are great values and would probably still be the next couple of years. RB values will take a hit as we used to normally play 3 (2+flex) where we will now only be playing 2. QB values should skyrocket as everyone should be looking to play 2 every week. I would only be spending $33 of my $200 budget and will have a top QB and RB locked up as well as a solid 2nd QB. I'll likely have the most money going into the draft so I should be able to buy plenty more top players to round out the roster.
dugbrandon
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who To Keep?

Postby murphysxm » Sun Jun 02, 2013 3:34 pm

RGIII and Spiller are no brainers for me. I haven't done a 2 QB league in years, but I think your logic is sound. Not many QB's are going to be in the auction and their price will be very high. Eli at $17 doesn't excite me, but going in with two startable QB's is an asset in this format.
murphysxm

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 212)

Postby Indibuck » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:17 pm

dugbrandon wrote:This is the first year that our league is keeping players. We can keep a player for a max of 3 years and he has to return to the draft pool. This is an auction league ($200 budget) and to keep players we have to pay what we drafted them at, plus an additional amount ($10 for Rb, $5 for all others). We are also going to a "two QB" league this year. 1 QB, 3 WR, 2 RB, TE, QB/WR/RB/TE flex. 10 team league, PPR, otherwise standard scoring (4pt passing TD).

We Keep three and this is my roster from last year along with price I can keep them for:

RGIII..................$9
Eli Manning.......... $12
Arian Foster .........$72
Cj Spiller .............$12
Brandon Marshall ....$28
Percy Harvin .........$30
M. Colston............ $30
Kenny Britt ............$11

I'm thinking the easy choice is both QBs and Spiller. Are those guys are great values and would probably still be the next couple of years. RB values will take a hit as we used to normally play 3 (2+flex) where we will now only be playing 2. QB values should skyrocket as everyone should be looking to play 2 every week. I would only be spending $33 of my $200 budget and will have a top QB and RB locked up as well as a solid 2nd QB. I'll likely have the most money going into the draft so I should be able to buy plenty more top players to round out the roster.

Yeah, your initial thought is correct IMHO. Spiller and the 2 QBs are no brainers in this format.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Postby Dolfan19 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:28 am

Indibuck wrote:Yeah, your initial thought is correct IMHO. Spiller and the 2 QBs are no brainers in this format.

+1. This is an easy choice for me. Going to a 2 qb league the values should increase by much more than $5 per.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:07 am

I like Spiller and RGIII.

The only thing I would do different than above is wait on the QB. Given its a 10 team league there should still be a QB just about as good as Manning available for cheaper.

Look at how many there are. Some of these guys will go for nearly nothing.

Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Cam
Ryan
Kaepernick
Manning
Stafford
Luck
Wilson

RGIII
Eli
Romo
Flacco
Dalton
Rivers
Schaub
Roethlisburger
Bradford
Freeman

Cutler
Vick
Palmer
Tannehill
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Indibuck » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:32 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:I like Spiller and RGIII.

The only thing I would do different than above is wait on the QB. Given its a 10 team league there should still be a QB just about as good as Manning available for cheaper.

Look at how many there are. Some of these guys will go for nearly nothing.

Rodgers
Brees
Brady
Cam
Ryan
Kaepernick
Manning
Stafford
Luck
Wilson

RGIII
Eli
Romo
Flacco
Dalton
Rivers
Schaub
Roethlisburger
Bradford
Freeman

Cutler
Vick
Palmer
Tannehill

My experience in start-2 QB leagues is that they are worth their weight in gold, just like (if not moreso) elite workhorse RBs. Yes, you listed 24 guys... But when you throw in bye weeks, not every team is going to have starters available, even in a 10 team league. And some of those "starters " are going to be the Blaine Gabbert/Mark Sanchez/EJ Manuels of the league.

I think it's a HUGE advantage for the OP to go into his draft with 2 legit starting QBs... Especially considering their budget price in comparison to his other options. And I highly doubt the OP could get Eli or anyone else of his ilk for anywhere near his current $12 price with the change in league structure.

Just my 2 cents.
Indibuck

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 ChampionLucky Ladders ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 157)

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions