mock draft... HUH?!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Roster Ratings

mock draft... HUH?!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

mock draft... HUH?!?

Postby broseph jacobs » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:51 pm

Just finished a mock draft online with 7 strangers. Standard nfl.com scoring. I was first to draft, snake system. Here's the roster I got:

QB Kaepernick, Vick
RB Adrian Peterson, Stevan Ridley, David Wilson, Lamar Miller, Andre Brown, Shane Vereen
WR Brandon Marshall, Reggie Wayne, Vincent Jackson, Stevie Johnson
TE Vernon Davis
DST Seahhawks
PK Phil Dawson

Another web site (which will go unmentioned) tells me I have a very subpar team. They estimate my chances of making the fantasy playoffs are 50/50. HUH?!? I would be beyond thrilled to draft this team come late August. Your thoughts?
- BrosePhD

QB: Romo
RB: Martin / Lynch / Lacy / Ridley / Wilson / Michael
WR: A Johnson / VJax / Gordon /Ja. Jones / Nicks / Douglas
TE: Clay
PK: Bailey; DST: KC
(standard; 12-team)
broseph jacobs
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 262)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: mock draft... HUH?!?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:01 pm

I think they are crazy. You have solid players and depth at the rb and wr spot to make any needed adjustments throughout the year.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Zbetty » Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:02 am

The team is solid all around. I would be happy with it.
10 Team PPR predraft
QB- Aaron Rodgers
RB- CJ Spiller, Marshawn Lynch
WR- Jordy Nelson, Michael Crabtree
TE- Jimmy Graham
LB- James Laurinaitis
DL- Corey Liuget
DB- Harrison Smith
Zbetty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 7)

Postby mycuccismells » Thu Jun 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Sure you have a good team, its an EIGHT team draft!!! Seriously in an 8 team draft every team is going to look good in a bubble, just about every team will have 3-4 studs which is pretty much what you have. There is really no way to handicap an 8 man league (especially without seeing the rosters), but for a league that small i would say your team is average.
mycuccismells
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 358)

Postby duffoholic » Mon Jun 17, 2013 11:05 am

mycuccismells wrote:Sure you have a good team, its an EIGHT team draft!!! Seriously in an 8 team draft every team is going to look good in a bubble, just about every team will have 3-4 studs which is pretty much what you have. There is really no way to handicap an 8 man league (especially without seeing the rosters), but for a league that small i would say your team is average.

EXACTLY!

It is easy to look at an 8 team roster that has Marshall and AP on it and think it is out of this world but you have to remember that there is another guy out there with potentially Doug Martin, Brees and Aj Green... 8 Team leagues are just silly since each roster is essentially a divisional All-Star team. All the teams will look stacked but in my mind for 8 teams yours could struggle with depth at the RB position with lots of question marks there, a weakness at TE and another question mark at QB. There is a reason Kaep isn't being drafted in the first 8 rounds in most 12 man leagues. If you build a random team taking every 8th pick from the Cafe Mock draft you could wind up with Charles, Green, Dez, Gronk, and Vjax or Martin, Rodgers, Forte, SJax,and Percy Harvin. I'd almost rather have either of those starting 5 guys than what you have and these are random.

I won't say your team is bad, just average. There is definitely a tonne of depth at WR but beyond AP you have a whole boat load of RB2-3 type guys. Maybe one blossoms into a RB1... but maybe not. The bottom line is 8 team league rosters all look great but without comparing them to something equivalent they all look incredible.
duffoholic
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 421)

Return to Roster Ratings