Dynasty Trade Question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions

Dynasty Trade Question

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty Trade Question

Postby Perfectibilist » Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:43 pm

Fairly standard scoring (plus 1 PPR) in a 12-team dynasty league.
Start: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 RB/WR, 1 TE I sent an offer, he countered, and I'd like to get some opinions on both:

Me: RGIII, Brady, Osweiler, Glennon
Sproles, Ball, Leshoure, Turner, McGahee
Pettigrew, Allen, Housler, Kelce, Casey, McDonald (A lot, I'm trying to find a legit starter)
Him: Big Ben, Bradford, Tannehill
Lynch, Ridley, Murray, Bradshaw, Wilson, Starks, Jacobs, S Taylor, Robinson
Rudolph, Myers, L Green, Egnew

So I offered him: Brady, Leshoure, Pettigrew, 2014 2nd
for
Tannehill, Murray, Rudolph, 2014 1st

And then he countered with basically the exactly same trade just without the draft picks. I like the trade for a few reasons. I think that Tannehill will continue to improve and give me a quality backup in case of RGIIIs injuries. I think that Leshoure's 2013 season was a fluke and bringing in Bush helps me decide that this is the time to sell, and Murray, when healthy is a good RB2. Rudolph is an absolute beast when hehas someone to throw him the ball, Pettigrew is a mediocre talent and 3rd or 4th receiving option at best. Thoughts? Thanks. I'll try to help in return if I can.
Last edited by Perfectibilist on Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty Trade Question

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:21 pm

I think without those picks its a deal breaker. I agree with what you are saying but that drop from Brady is too far
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Dolfan19 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:12 am

I would do this trade without the picks. The trade not only helps your team a lot, but you are adding in a lot of sell high for buy low. Sucks to give up Brady without getting an elite option in return, but it is really hard to move QBs especially with about 6 high level prospects that have come out recently. Pretty much every team can get one they are comfortable starting. See if he will throw in a 2nd or 3rd.
Dolfan19
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 53)

Postby Perfectibilist » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:07 pm

Dolfan19 wrote: See if he will throw in a 2nd or 3rd.

Well I countered by adding a 2nd and he countered back with a 3rd and I accepted, so for better or worse it's done.

Brady, Leshoure & Pettigrew
for
Tannehill, Murray, Randolph & a 2014 3rd

The more I look at it, the happier I am with it. I only "lost" at one position, and while it is a significant drop, with RGIII as my starter most weeks anyway it won't really effect my team but I do get 2 immediate starters and a 3rd rounder as a throw-in for a later trade.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Dynasty & Keeper Questions