Dynasty league trade...WHIR - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions

Dynasty league trade...WHIR

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty league trade...WHIR

Postby kevinkallberg » Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:14 am

16 team, dynasty league. Standard stats with .5/PPR and IDPs. Start 1QB, 3WR's, 2RB's, 1TE and 2 Flex

I'm looking to gain RB depth in the upcoming draft, I have the 11th overall pick and trying to gain another first rounder. I have plenty of WR's on my roster and lack RB depth in case of injury.

My WR's are Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, T.Y. Hilton, Kendall Wright, Justin Blackmon, Rueban Randle and Mohamed Sanu.

My RB's are CJ Spiller, LeSean McCoy, Lamar Miller and then it really drops off with Isaac Redman and Kendall Hunter.

Trade....
I get 2013 1st round pick (9th overall)
I trade away Devin McCourty and Rueban Randle

Now I know the 9th overall won't land me any of the top 3 or 4 RB's, but I may get lucky and be able to get Marcus Lattimore, Stacy or even Johnathan Franklin pending on what happens in the up-coming months. Also, having 2 first round picks, I may be able to deal both of them for a top 3 or 4 overall pick to get one of the top RB's for my depth that I need.

Thoughts??
kevinkallberg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Dynasty league trade...WHIR

Postby BurritoBoy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 3:32 am

The problem with Randle is that we don't know what the NYG WR corps will look like, it's quite a mess up there. Also I'm not sure about your IDPs or anything, but I believe that Devin McCourty was a pretty solid IDP last year. However, I'm not Randle's biggest fan, but hey, I've been wrong before. If losing McCourty doesn't really hurt you, then I like the trade.

I do like the idea of getting 2 first-rounders and packaging them to move up, to grab someone you like.If you can get in the top of the first round and grab either Bernard of Cincy or Bell of Pitt, then that would be great for you. The thing about Lattimore is you will have to wait AT LEAST a year to see any type of return on that investment, he is stuck in a nice stable in SF with Gore, Hunter, and LaMichael James. That's a lot of talent, plus his injury, I would stay away from him and take a flyer on a WR even though you have depth there. There are only a couple of rookie RBs I like this year, the two named above, the two in GB (shame they both went there), and maybe Stacy. Just maybe though.
BurritoBoy Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 12)

Postby Perfectibilist » Mon Jun 03, 2013 1:52 pm

kevinkallberg wrote:16 team, dynasty league. Standard stats with .5/PPR and IDPs. Start 1QB, 3WR's, 2RB's, 1TE and 2 Flex

I'm looking to gain RB depth in the upcoming draft, I have the 11th overall pick and trying to gain another first rounder. I have plenty of WR's on my roster and lack RB depth in case of injury.

My WR's are Greg Jennings, Mike Wallace, T.Y. Hilton, Kendall Wright, Justin Blackmon, Rueban Randle and Mohamed Sanu.

My RB's are CJ Spiller, LeSean McCoy, Lamar Miller and then it really drops off with Isaac Redman and Kendall Hunter.

Trade....
I get 2013 1st round pick (9th overall)
I trade away Devin McCourty and Rueban Randle

Now I know the 9th overall won't land me any of the top 3 or 4 RB's, but I may get lucky and be able to get Marcus Lattimore, Stacy or even Johnathan Franklin pending on what happens in the up-coming months. Also, having 2 first round picks, I may be able to deal both of them for a top 3 or 4 overall pick to get one of the top RB's for my depth that I need.

Thoughts??

I agree that you could use some RB depth, but it's not like you have the dream team at WR... Jennings basically traded Aaron Rodgers for Christian Ponder on his fantasy team... Mike Wallace and Tannehill "should" click, but will they? T.Y Hilton, in my opinion, was a product of his environment. He may do it for another season or two because he has Luck throwing to him, but he's a mediocre talent. The rest of your WRs are young, somewhat-unproven guys with some upside.

Not trying to put your team down in any way, just wanted to offer the perspective that maybe you aren't as set at WR as you think you are. I like the idea of getting another 1st rounder so that you could add a WR and a RB. However, I think you're giving up too much for 1.09. I don't know your league's scoring, but in the IDP leagues I play in a young top-5 DB is worth the 1.09 alone. I would ask for 1.09 and maybe a young guy on his roster that you like. I wouldn't make the trade as-is though.
Thanks to Freyaka for the sig!
Perfectibilist
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:40 pm

I don't think you are giving up too much here. If I take that and Marcus Lattimore falls to me with that pick you better select him (trust me the kid is that talented) and worth the risk (ask Willis McGahee - but he's more talented). ;-D
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 132)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kevinkallberg » Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:07 am

Thanks for the replies everyone.

I do like the risk/reward side of Lattimore, and with such a large roster, I have room to place him on the DL and be patient with him for a year or so. I have two suitable replacements for losing McCourty, so that shouldn't be a problem either.
kevinkallberg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

(Past Year: 19)

Return to Draft, Trade, & Waiver Questions